xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Is It Dead ?  (Read 104 times)

big F Mk II

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Is It Dead ?
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

About two years ago I fitted a Xecuter 2.6 chip in a 1.6 Xbox I acquired, flashed it up to the latest (at the time) compatible bios. Its been running XBMC ever since. When I powered it up the other day it didn't boot up. It just spins up the fan and hard drive for a second or so and then switches off for a second then repeats this a couple of time before powering up and displaying nothing but flashing the Xbox LED's from green to red. When I pop in the Original HD and switch off the chip all is well in that the Flubber and M$ dash all appear.

I'm Hoping it has just lost its bios and needs flashing I have the Flash board but unfortunately no PC at the mo with a Parallel port on sad.gif to perform the flash.

My question is is it dead or can someone chime in and point out what is obviously wrong. All my Xbox experience is with SmartXX and TSOP so this was the first Xecuter I ever had.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Xecuter 2.6 Is It Dead ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »

its possible the chip is dead. You can try to reflash but you might just have to get another chip.

sjlee

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Is It Dead ?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(big F Mk II @ Nov 2 2010, 11:28 AM) View Post

About two years ago I fitted a Xecuter 2.6 chip in a 1.6 Xbox I acquired, flashed it up to the latest (at the time) compatible bios. Its been running XBMC ever since. When I powered it up the other day it didn't boot up. It just spins up the fan and hard drive for a second or so and then switches off for a second then repeats this a couple of time before powering up and displaying nothing but flashing the Xbox LED's from green to red. When I pop in the Original HD and switch off the chip all is well in that the Flubber and M$ dash all appear.

I'm Hoping it has just lost its bios and needs flashing I have the Flash board but unfortunately no PC at the mo with a Parallel port on sad.gif to perform the flash.

My question is is it dead or can someone chime in and point out what is obviously wrong. All my Xbox experience is with SmartXX and TSOP so this was the first Xecuter I ever had.

I've had the same problem periodically with my Xecuter 2.6 modchip.  Have you tried shutting it off, then turning it back on.  Mine usually will boot up after that.

Otherwise, is your modchip soldered in or is it solderless?  If it's solderless (like mine), it's possible that the modchip came loose and just needs to be reinstalled.

Check this thread out...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=293421

Good luck.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Is It Dead ?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

Also do a general check of the chip, make sure it's on securley, try to take it off of the pinheader and then put it back on(sometimes the old "take it apart and put it back together" will work) Could be a loose solder joint on the LPC rebuild, those can get squirrly after a while.

EDIT: oops, didnt see the date on the first post, hope this helps someone.