xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3 Will Not Boot Xbox  (Read 144 times)

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »

Hi all

Not been around for a while. I had to concentrate on the rest of my life for a while and leave Xbox's along hehe.

So, the new problem. When i boot my Xbox it shows the usual EvoX splash in the top left of the screen and the standard Xbox / MS flubber is seen on screen but it goes no further. It hangs after the flubber finishes.

Oh...and the LCD does not start up either.

I have an X3 complete with the front panel and LCD. All connections are ok.

It worked fine until two days ago.

I tried to boot to either Slayers or AID thinking it was a screwd BIOS but it hangs with those as well.

Any suggestions.

This post has been edited by Trebz: Oct 31 2010, 05:01 PM

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

Woooooaaaahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Hold on................

It just booted !!!

All be it a lot slower than before, do i detect a possible hard drive failure on the horizon !!

Heimdall

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

Why are you using an Evox BIOS on an X3? Use X3.3294, then you can make use of the added X3 BIOS goodies.

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 31 2010, 04:16 PM) *

Why are you using an Evox BIOS on an X3? Use X3.3294, then you can make use of the added X3 BIOS goodies.

Hi Heimdall, long time no type !!

Ok, so this Xbox was a funny one. I bought it 'As Is', a complete build with the X3 and the LCD front panel. It went straight into the loft to save for a rainy day, well, that day just came.

As you now know it is in the same condition as when i bought it so.....it has the same BIOS's.

I'm looking at flashing a more appropriate BIOS so thanks for the pointer H.

I just have to remember how to flash now hehe, it;s been soooo long since i tinkered with Xbox's.

I have been using the one i finally settled on for soe time now, dropped a 500GB HDD into it and the latest stable build of XBMC and i've not had a problem with it since.

I need an X3 flashing guide Heimdall, any pointers matey?

I already have a default X3.3294 BIOS file.

Thanks

Trebz

This post has been edited by Trebz: Oct 31 2010, 05:28 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

Boot the Xbox by pressing start + eject together. The X3 control panel LED turns purple, and voila - you have a Flashbios screen.

X3 Manual here.

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 31 2010, 04:32 PM) *

Boot the Xbox by pressing start + eject together. The X3 control panel LED turns purple, and voila - you have a Flashbios screen.

X3 Manual here.

Thanks H.

On the ball as usual, i'm sure your linked to this forum in some wierd 'Matrix' kinda way !!

I've never tinkered with the X3 H so i'll have a good read of the Tut and let you know how i get on.

Again and as usual...many many thanks Heimdall.

Trebz

And an X3 BIOS editing tool..... ???

This post has been edited by Trebz: Oct 31 2010, 05:47 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

You don't edit the X3 BIOS. The BIOS config is held on the X3 chip, and is accessed via X3 Config Live (press the white controller button while booting the X3 BIOS). That's one of the big advantages of using the X3 BIOS.

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 31 2010, 04:51 PM) *

You don't edit the X3 BIOS. The BIOS config is held on the X3 chip, and is accessed via X3 Config Live (press the white controller button while booting the X3 BIOS). That's one of the big advantages of using the X3 BIOS.

Aaahhhhhh i'm starting to remember a little about it now hehehe..

I have the after market front panel switch to work out, i'm obviously not sure what switch settings to apply before flashing. I have the X3.3294 in the C:\BIOS already.....

;-)

Trebz

• Archived User
X3 Will Not Boot Xbox
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

Right.

Got it all up and running.

Still taking quite a long time to boot to XBMC. (Much prefer the speed of a TSOP job) Works perfectly once booted.

It already had X3.3294 flashed to the chip. EvoX is on there somewhere in some way.

I need to go read up on the X3 chip. I'll be looking at re setting the chip / BIOS to default then completing a full HDD format and re build with Slayers or AID.

Cheers for the speedy help Heimdall.

Trebz

This post has been edited by Trebz: Oct 31 2010, 06:25 PM