xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This A D0 Problem Or Somthin Else...  (Read 74 times)

imalittlelate

• Archived User
Is This A D0 Problem Or Somthin Else...
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

Hey, so i never had an xbox, i was always into modding my ps2. i bought a modded xbox a few years ago and it just now started running into some problems. I havn't ever opened up an xbox until now so i have a few questions after doing some research.

it all started with the mysterious powering on and shutting off by itself and the power button not working. It took me a long time to find out what it was and to look for that tutorial about fixing the corroded traces. google had it cached. so i went in and opened up the xbox and took a look at those traces near the front. i did a little cleaning with qtips and rubbing alcohol and they looked bright and shiny again. while i had the MB out i looked at the underside and  there was a shriveled up piece of black tape on the bottom.  my first instinct... pulled it off... and along came the wire it was holding on.

Anyways, read and found out about the d0 and that wire was on that trace on the bottom. so i did some fine soldering and put it back. it looked clean when i was done. put everything back in, booted up the xbox and i get the original xbox boot up to the error 05. i read some more and thought it must be that d0 i screwed up. i knocked it off and re-soldered it and i still get the same thing. can anybody help me out? it would probably help if i knew what xecuter chip it was, but i do know i either have a v1.2 or 1.3 xbox. thanks