xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem With Modchip Switch.  (Read 93 times)

scoot-magee

• Archived User
Problem With Modchip Switch.
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

I just got an old modded xbox from my buddy. Anyway the chip has a switch located on the outside of the xbox. It says x2 lite ext. Theres a wire that's supposed to lead to it but the connecting female part on the switch is broken. Is there a way that I can bypass the switch all together? It's not like I'm going to be going on xbox live with it. The chip lights up inside the xbox but it boots into the normal dashboard.

If anymore info is needed I'll be happy to find out what I need to so I can let you guys know.

pattythefatty

• Archived User
Problem With Modchip Switch.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »

did some research, I am not sure if you can see this:
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/attachm...mp;d=1143577164
if so is this what your switch looks like?

If you can't see the link, then does your switch have 3 switches on it, with a connector that has 5 wires going to it?  And the switches are labeled, as "enable/disable", "protect/unprotect", and "bank/bank2"?

If so, you might be able to make your own low-tech version.  check the continuity on the switch with the pins on the header.  You want to find out which header pins correspond to the 2 pins on the switch labeled "enable/disable".  Once you find those two pins (one will probably be ground, as I am assuming that they are grounding the d0 point to enable the chip), you could cut the corresponding wires out of the wire harness that goes to the chip and put your own switch in series with the wires, or alternatively, you could just connect the two permanently together.
-PTF

This post has been edited by pattythefatty: Yesterday, 09:23 PM