xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Drive Check Problem  (Read 107 times)

xXUndertowXx

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Check Problem
« on: March 09, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »

ok, I have an xbox v1.0 with DuoX2 crom. Boots to dash with DVD drive installed and will hang at the logo with no DvD installed.....

Tried using 5035 bios w/no success aswell as older bios's.

X2config has DvD check 0 so it should work fine that way since I am using it in another box with 2 hdd's and no dvd. but for some reason I cannot get it to work on this one. I am really wanting to use this mobo in my slim.

If anyone has any ideals on what could cause this please let me know.

Thanks

murauder

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Check Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »

hmm. thats unusual. have you tried using the ind 5003 bios with its config file?

xXUndertowXx

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Check Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »

no i haven't, but I will give it a shot and see what happens.

Also I might add, I was using the original unmodded hdd, would not boot with modchip plugged in... but then I tried using a sata drive that already has xbmc and such installed from a previous build. The thing would still only boot 90% of the time(without dvd) but not at all fast and not smooth. but yea, as usual I reinstall the dvd drive...and BAM. boots like butter (w/dvd drive). Still will not boot with orig_hdd at all... so so wierd.

never had this problem before so it has me puzzled.

btw I have realized now that this may not have been the best place for this post. so sorry in adv. was kinda dazed and confused after my brain turned to chedder.  unsure.gif

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Dvd Drive Check Problem
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »

Just make sure that you disable the dvd drive check in the Ind-bios before you remove the dvd drive or you will get the slow non-butter boot. Once you get the config set up the way you want you can inject it into the bios and not have to worry about the config file again.

xXUndertowXx

• Archived User
Dvd Drive Check Problem
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

I tried the ind.bios with no luck...I just tossed that mobo aside for now, and just got another one.
local pawn shop is selling working xbox's for $20...figured that was a good deal...lots of extra parts for cheap biggrin.gif

Will maybe deal with that mobo some other time.

Thanks for the help guys!