xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installed Xbox Xecuter 2.6 Lite Modchip  (Read 114 times)

sky1ark

• Archived User
Installed Xbox Xecuter 2.6 Lite Modchip
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

What is the purpose of the d0? In the kit there was a little adapter and 3 wires. one went to the d0. Was that needed with the soderless adapter?

had some problems with sodering th wire to d0 on the bottom. anyway the spot came off.  I guess it the top point or bust now. Also they need to make the wires longer.

I also found the switch:)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »

The chip uses D0 to force the Xbox to boot from the chip instead of the built-in BIOS on the motherboard. If D0 isn't properly connected then the Xbox doesn't boot from the chip.

With the solderless adapter the wire isn't needed - there's another fine wire that connects the solderless adapter to the D0 point on the top of the Xbox.

Either your soldering iron is way too big, or your technique is poor, but either way if you can't solder onto the spot on the bottom of the Xbox without destroying it then you shouldn't try the top one, because it's loads smaller. Get someone else who can solder to help you.

And it's solder, not soder.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »

what about the other two wires that was on the liitle plug that goes to the mod chip?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »

the other 2 wires were for LAN and Hard drive activity LEDs.

If you toasted your bottom d0, your xbox is now dead until it gets repaired.
You'll need someone to solder a piece of 30 gauge wire to bridge the points that got toasted when you lifted the pad.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »

Was the  LAN and Hard drive activity LEDs needed with the solderless adapter and chip?

pattythefatty

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

the LAn and HDD lights are not needed.  They are there for information only, and asthetics.  They won't affect the chips ability to function correctly.  Just the D0 does that, sad.gif

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »

Hay. I have been looking closer to the D0 on the bottom of the board. I finally got a magnifying glass and I think the traces are still there and connected. There is one little spot that I still cant see real well though. What error messages whould I get if the traces were broken?
Pages: 1 [2]