xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Installed Xbox Xecuter 2.6 Lite Modchip  (Read 113 times)

sky1ark

• Archived User
Installed Xbox Xecuter 2.6 Lite Modchip
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »

hay. I just installed my XBox Xecuter 2.6 Lite ModChip in to my xbox. I have a 1.3vers xbox. I flashed my chip and go to 1 and bootup. It boots fine with a nice little xecuter2 on the bottom for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank and nothing. the lights are green with no flashing. I have a 120gig harddrive installed unlocked. I'm needing to get a dashboard on but im not able to boot to a cd. anyone know what could be wrong?
thanks for any help. I tryed to fixit my self but havn't been able to.

Almost forgot. I tried disconnecting the hard drive and I did get video. I think it was error code 7.

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

What happens if you disable the modchip? Did the xbox work fine before you installed the modchip? If you have no dash installed you should at least get an error with the hard drive installed.
Was it a new hard drive?
Look on the motherboard and make sure you did not drip any solder.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »

I used a soderless adapter on it so no soder was used. When I switch to the normal bios i get the error that the harddrive is unlocked. while the hd is not newly bought it is new to the xbox and It is blank. Should i get it connected to a computer and try to install a dash through that? The slayer isn't bootable. Shouldn't it when it accessess the harddrive pop up something about needing a dash?

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »

I have not heard of a blank screen when there is no dash, you should get an error. Do you have the old hard drive? I would put it back in and make sure the xbox is working properly first. Then I would make sure the modchip is making contact with all the right points. Try flashing bank 2, maybe it was a bad flash.

What dvd drive do you have, maybe it is not reading the disk. Did you try a different brand of cd-dvd?

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

get a copy of slayers 2.7 final and try burning it to a memorex dvd-r (they seem to work pretty well for most)
then boot up with the disk in the drive. if that doesnt work then hook the drive up to pc and use xboxhdm to format and put the dash and files on.
also check and make sure your chip is seated properly. a lot of people have problems with solderless chips not connecting properly

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

i will try the original harddrive but there is a problem with it. I was trying to do a hot swap and had problems and now on the original flash i get a error saying that the hd is locked by another computer. that is the reson i got the mod chip so i could install a new harddrive. also i originally did format and use xboxhdm on the new hd and am getting the blank screen. i will try the memorex dvd-r cds.

any other ideas would be very helpfull.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

Make sure the wire from the solderless adapter is contacting the D0 point.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »

The chip is working if you see the x2 logo.
You now need to burn an auto installer disc (use DVD-R).

Get Auto Installer Deluxe (or Slayer's) and boot the xbox with the disc in the dvd drive.
It'll bring you to the main menu where you can either install a dashboard from the disc or you can FTP a newer version from your PC to the xbox.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »

hay guys. I desided to soder the mod on to the board. anyway I installed the harddrive and am gettign a code 5. the x2 isnt on the screen so i think im in the xbox flash. Its really late and i dont know ware the switch is. isnt there a button combo to press to boot into the modchip flash?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »

Flashbios should be on one of the BIOS banks. The switch to select bank 0 or bank 1 is one of the 3 switches on the external switch and LED board that you have to install to get the chip to work. On the Xecuter 2.6 there is no button combination that boots to Flashbios.

However, if you're getting error 5 then the Xbox isn't booting from the chip, it's still booting the original BIOS. Check your soldering, especially D0.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Feb 28 2010, 09:47 AM

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

It boots fine with a nice little xecuter2 on the bottom for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank and nothing. the lights are green with no flashing.

I desided to soder the mod on to the board. anyway I installed the harddrive and am gettign a code 5. the x2 isnt on the screen so i think im in the xbox flash.

D'oh!  Should've stuck with the solderless since it was working.

Now you'll have to double check all your solder joints & try to figure out where you screwed up.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »

Do you have to soder the d0 point on the bottom or can you do it on the top?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

Entirely up to you, and it depends on how good your soldering is. The D0 point on the bottom is bigger, and far easier to solder.

sky1ark

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

What kind of errors would it cause if the d0 was not conected correctly?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »

The kind you're getting - booting the stock BIOS, followed by error 5 because the disk is unlocked.
Pages: [1] 2