xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Ce Lite Help !please Newbie Is Lost  (Read 134 times)

rob251

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Ce Lite Help !please Newbie Is Lost
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Mar 16 2010, 12:25 AM) View Post

I've done a blind reflash on a TSOP'd motherboard. Not sure whether it works with a chip, but it's worth a try.

You can download EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.3, then burn to discs (CD-RW or DVD-R).
Disc 1 is EurAsia, Disc 2 is your custom BIOS. Since your chip now has a hacked BIOS, it SHOULD load the EurAsia flash disc.

Steps:
1. insert EurAsia disc into your xbox, then shut down the console with the disc inside.
2. Boot up xbox with disc in dvd drive
3. EurAsia will open the tray automatically when ready
4. Take out EurAsia disc, and insert BIOS disc & press A
5. Console will shut down when done
6. Power it back up & hope it works.

===================================================================

If your buddy has an Xecuter 2.6 (or X3) chip installed in his xbox, you can hotswap and reflash.

Steps:
1. Acquire FlashX and view readme.
2. FTP FlashX and your BIOS to the xbox hard drive.
3. Boot up modified xbox and once it reaches the dashboard, remove working chip from LPC pins (leave d0 connected).
4. Install bad chip onto the LPC pins (no d0 wire needed).
5. load FlashX from the APPS menu (or wherever you have it installed)
6. Reflash chip with your BIOS
7. Remove your chip and place his back on the LPC pins

Done.
I'd try the EurAsia method first, walk-through (with someone's help) second, and hotswap as a last resort since you'd need your buddy's xbox to do this.
... if all else fails, mail me the chip and I'll reflash it for you. smile.gif

custom bios being the excutier flash bios v 303 that was there??

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:03:00 AM »

No, the custom BIOS is the BIOS you want to flash to your Xbox - in your case that's x2_5035_vOLD_512k.bin, renamed bios.bin.

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »

you put x2 5035 v old.bin on a disk but rename it to bios.bin first.
open dvd tray. put in eurasia. close tray. turn off xbox
turn xbox back on. wait till eurasia opens the try itself. then insert your bios.bin disk and press A

it will turn itself off when its done.
hopefully it all works out right.

rob251

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(murauder @ Mar 16 2010, 09:36 PM) View Post

you put x2 5035 v old.bin on a disk but rename it to bios.bin first.
open dvd tray. put in eurasia. close tray. turn off xbox
turn xbox back on. wait till eurasia opens the try itself. then insert your bios.bin disk and press A

it will turn itself off when its done.
hopefully it all works out right.

well thats not working
i even tried to reburn eurasia disk
I need help with soldering that gold wire down also I have to hold it in place for the chip to even boot. all I get is the sound  and no video if I have the chip switch enabled...I want to send it somewher and have chip installed and reflashed......

pattythefatty

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

Rob251,
If you feel comfortable with it, I can help you out with the hardware and flash for free.  If you pay shipping both directions (i think it is about 13 or 14 dollars each way to use USPS depending on locations).  you can toss out the solderless adapter if you want, I will install a pin header for you. and i have an X3ce I can just hot swap flash your chip like Alex suggested. i would just need the MB (for the solder install) and chip (for the hot flash) i have everything else (case , power supply etc) PM if you are interested.  Also be sure to send any extra wires you received with the chip if you still have them, just in case, since I won't be using the solderless adapter.
-PTF

edit... If you want to fiddle with the solderless adapter on your own, you can just send me the chip and I can hot swap/flash it, and you can deal with the connection on your own.  It would be cheaper for you that way.

rob251

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(pattythefatty @ Mar 17 2010, 01:44 PM) View Post

Rob251,
If you feel comfortable with it, I can help you out with the hardware and flash for free.  If you pay shipping both directions (i think it is about 13 or 14 dollars each way to use USPS depending on locations).  you can toss out the solderless adapter if you want, I will install a pin header for you. and i have an X3ce I can just hot swap flash your chip like Alex suggested. i would just need the MB (for the solder install) and chip (for the hot flash) i have everything else (case , power supply etc) PM if you are interested.  Also be sure to send any extra wires you received with the chip if you still have them, just in case, since I won't be using the solderless adapter.
-PTF

edit... If you want to fiddle with the solderless adapter on your own, you can just send me the chip and I can hot swap/flash it, and you can deal with the connection on your own.  It would be cheaper for you that way.

sent PM

pattythefatty

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

Ok so just to follow up for anyone else with a similar problem...

Rob sent me his xbox and I hotswapped his 2.6 with my X3CE running XBMC and tried the flash with FlashX as was suggested.  but for some reason, FlashX was not loading up properly.  I then launched Evox instead and used the Evox utility to flash the chip, which worked perfectly.

I did then go back (after successfully flashing with Evox) and try to load FlashX and now FlashX was able to load and it was able to flash the chip.  (I had flashed the first bank with 5035 using Evox, and i flashed the second bank with FlashX and 5035 just in case the first bank ever got hosed he still had the second bank.) Not sure why that was, but it could have been anything, and not real worried about it.  Flash X does work, and Evox also works, there is a million different ways to skin a cat i guess, LOL. biggrin.gif  Just giving some more ideas for anyone reading this.

Also as a side note, if you chose to go the eurasia route... be sure to google how to burn an .iso, I know it has been said a million times before, but you can't just copy the iso file directly to the disk.  You have to burn the file with a special program.  you can obtain these programs freely and legally.  Google is your friend.

however, as just one out the million ways to skin this .iso cat, here is a way i think is explained really well:
http://pcsupport.abo...burnisofile.htm

Finally if I may take a moment to thank Rob for alerting me to a cool script for XBMC i hadn't heard of before,
http://www.navi-x.or...bsite/home.html
Thanks Rob!

-PTF
Pages: 1 [2]