xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newb With Modded Xbox  (Read 41 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »

So the xbox is a 1.6? The bios on the chip may be the cause did you try both banks on the chip. Put the stock hdd in and try boh banks to see if it will boot off one of those.  

Danfun64

• Archived User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Feb 12 2010, 04:37 PM) View Post

So the xbox is a 1.6? The bios on the chip may be the cause did you try both banks on the chip. Put the stock hdd in and try boh banks to see if it will boot off one of those.

I dont want to open the xbox AGAIN! i tried both banks while the new hdd was in there.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

well you most likely will have to open the xbox back up.

the error it gives with the chip of is probably because the HDD is not locked or has no dash.

the frag with chip on is the chip is either installed wrong the solderless adapter is installed wrong or the bios on the chip is not right for that version of xbox. Or could also be that the hdd may be bad.

Danfun64

• Archived User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »

Huston, i think i found the problem xD

well, its neither the chip's installation nor the hdd. Its the dvd drive. When i put the dvd drive into the xbox it crunches the mod chip and prevents it from working. Both can cooperate if i put it in a way... that prevents it from being screwed it. So when its possible to screw the dvd drive in the mod chip doesnt work. Otherwise, it works. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

also, when i push on the modchip the solderless adapter glows orange, i think that shows how the thing gets some of its power.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

can u post a pic of the chip on the solderless adapter maybe something can be done different to solve the problem because the it should have enough room to fit with the dvd drive installed

Danfun64

• Archived User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

id love to post pics, but the digital camera at my house is, how should you say it, crappy tongue.gif

Basically, when the xbox is almost connected with the top, it leaves a small space inbetween the cover and the dvd drive preventing the dvd drive from fitting without the modchip getting squashed. Its hard to explain, but i don't have the pics to allow me to show you.

pattythefatty

• Archived User
Newb With Modded Xbox
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »

Danfun,
I think what Steve is politely trying to get at is...
 biggrin.gif UR doin it wrong! rolleyes.gif
I am not trying to be a jerk, I am actually just trying to help out.  Since this isn't the first Xbox to get  a solder-less chip installation, and the thousands of other Xbox's that have successfully done the same mod, it really means that something must be getting installed wrong.

So the DVD smashing the chip, and the solderless adapter lighting up when you puish on it, are 2 huge indicators that something isn't seated/installed correctly.

I know you have double checked your installation and it is all good.  But I would suggest going back and checking again.  Start with the solder-less adapter, pushing on it shouldn't make it light up if you can push something together, and then it lights up, that is an indication right there that the two items aren't making contact  correctly.  Maybe you should tear all the parts out and start from scratch,  that is what I do when I run into these types of problems where I know I have done it right , but it still doesn't work.  Usually redoing from scratch and forcing myself to follow the directions, even though I know I have assembled it a hundred times before, solves the problem.

Also, what is the "some kind of error" you get?

-PTF