xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hacked Bios Frags, Flashbios Boots Fine  (Read 42 times)

dude661

• Archived User
Hacked Bios Frags, Flashbios Boots Fine
« on: February 02, 2020, 05:48:00 PM »

So i have a very odd problem. I have this 1.4 or 1.5 xbox, i don't have a multimeter to check, I'm not sure if that's important or not, and I have my x2.6ce. Well actually I have 3 chips but I think all but one are dead. The thing is, while I was waiting for my programmer to come, my xbox turned into a coma console, no video or audio besides a black screen and ejecting the disc would make my console restart. The programmer came, it detected one out of the three chips and i flashed flashBIOS to it. from there it boots up on the xbox fine but when i try to use the 5032 it boots up, I get a screen that said "Xecuter 2.6 Config Live loading" and nothing happens. If i try to use any Xecuter 49XX bios it FRAGs! So what I don't get is how can the flashBIOS work properly but not the hacked BIOS and what can I do to get it to work?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »

Try this get flash bios to boot then swap the chip out for one of the others and see if you can get one of those to work. The bank that you are flashing the hacked bios to may be messed.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »

from there it boots up on the xbox fine but when i try to use the 5032 it boots up, I get a screen that said "Xecuter 2.6 Config Live loading" and nothing happens

Nothing happens because you probably don't have your hard drive setup yet.
Download an auto installer (AID or SLAYERS), burn to disc, then use it to install a new custom dashboard, apps, and whatever else you want.
If it's telling you Config Live is loading... it's searching the hard drive for a custom dashboard (and finding nothing).

If i try to use any Xecuter 49XX bios it FRAGs!

You need to resize that BIOS to 512K or it'll FRAG.
each bank on the X2.6's are 512K.

Stick with X2_5035 BIOS (it was the latest one released for xbox1). It's also 512k in size already so you don't have to do any resizing.

Once you get that working nicely, you can go ahead and do as steveo stated and hotswap your chips & reflash a working BIOS to the other ones you have.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »

no you cant do that. His xbox will give you an error and wont load up. What type of disc did you burn slayers to.

dude661

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »

A memorex cd-rw and a maxell dvd-r. Can I use xboxhdm to format the drive and then copy the dashboard file onto the drive. After I do that can i use the slayers disc to properly install everything?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »

yeah you can do that just make sure you have the dash files in the right place. see if the disk will boot on your friends xbox. then see if you can boot the disc in your xbox using his dvd-drive

dude661

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »

So i installed all of the files from slayers 2.7 on the xboxhdm disc and installed it to my xbox harddrive. I locked the drive in flashbios 303 and when i booted in x2.5035 it said X2 config live loading and then i just get a black screen, nothing happens just like before. Any ideas? Could it be the xbox? the soldering is perfect.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »

did you try to boot slayers with your friends dvd drive in your xbox

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »

The X2 BIOS is looking for a hacked dashboard on the C: partition.
You need an evoxdash.xbe (among other dashboard files) on that partition.

also, it's not a good idea to lock the hard drive with flashBIOS. Last couple times I did that, it locked the hdd to an unknown key (not the correct motherboard key).

dude661

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 11:52:00 PM »

I didn't get the chance to try using my friends dvd drive, this if my last post for the night so ill do it tomorrow. But i did throw in the avalaunch dashboard and all associated files in the c: drive when i was making the hard drive disc. I also set the first dash in x2config.ini to avalaunch.xbe and I put the x2config.ini in the c:, e:, and f: drives. It still didn't work, I got the black screen. I really have no idea what could be wrong at this point besides a broken xbox.
'Till tomorrow, thanks for the help!