xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd Help?  (Read 102 times)

morinzo

• Archived User
Hdd Help?
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »

my brother just gave me a halo edition xbox that has a x3 ce and a x3 control panel installed along with the 128mb ram upgrade, the only problem is it dont have a HDD.  What do i need to do to install a new hdd in the xbox and get it working, thanks

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Hdd Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

Physically install your intended hard drive into the xbox.

Download UnleashX, create an ISO of it using qwix or craxtion just like you would a game ISO, and burn it to a dvd with nero or imgburn leaving you with a "boot from disc" dashboard. Then boot the xbox with the disc in the drive.

When UnleashX starts up, it will detect the new drive, format it for you, and also install itself to the drive.

Then, Eject the disc and reboot the xbox.

Finally, FTP to the xbox and send over your choice of apps, alternate dash, etc.

Done.

Note: Make sure your modchip is "on" before attempting any of this.

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
Hdd Help?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »

The hard part is already done for you, the xbox is modded. Setting up a hard drive in a chipped xbox is basically a drop in affair. As the previous post mentioned, you just need to burn a boot disk or rescue disk (slayers or AID) and format the hard drive.

Heimdall07

• Archived User
Hdd Help?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »

If the X3 has an X3 BIOS on it then you can install the disk without burning CDs. Just plug the disk in, then hold the white button on your controller while the Xbox boots. This will bring up X3 Config Live. Select "Disk Tools - New Hard Drive Upgrade", then set up the disk as you want. Use "Click Here To Set LBA48 Option" to decide if you want the disk to be all F, or if you want all space over 137GB to appear as a G drive. Set "Use Saved Partition Table = Enabled", then select "Prepare And Format New Drive" to set up the drive.

After that use the X3 ftp client (username X3, password X3) to transfer your dash and apps to the Xbox. Make sure you confiure X3 Config live to boot from the location you put your dash in.

Finally, the most important bit. If either the F or G partitions on your new disk is larger than 256GB, copy XBPartitioner 1.1 to the Xbox, and run it to reformat the large drive. You'll probably need to do it twice as described in this post. As a final confirmation you should check your cluster size on the F/G partitions - this post describes how to do it. You need 16k clusters for partitions below 256GB, 32k clusters for 256GB-512GB partitions, and 64k clusters for 512GB-1024GB partitions.

Regardless of which method you use, you need to reformat large partitions (>256GB) with XBPartitioner 1.1 as described above - UnleashX and Slayers / AID can't format large partitions correctly.

morinzo

• Archived User
Hdd Help?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:43:00 PM »

ok, i have 4 buttons on front of the x3 control panel and i have no idea whats on the x3 or how to set the buttons on the control panel.

can i flash the x3 bios to the x3 now?  if so how and what buttons do i need to turn on on the control panel?

thanks