xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hard Drive Problems  (Read 52 times)

biggbronco

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

hey everyone, i havent been on here in a long long time! anyway, i have a xecuter3ce modded xbox. it has a 120gb hdd in it. i dont play it much, i'll start it up from time to time. recently, i turned it on and noticed the hdd wasnt loading all the way. like, i get the xecuter start up screen, then it stops there. the image freezes, the hard drive light stays on and then i here a faint clicking from the hdd. i can also get it to the xecuter 3 bios screen, but it stops there too. so, i believe i have a hdd problem. my question is, can i transfer all my stuff onto a new hdd? it's been a while since i've messed with this stuff, how do I do that? I dont have a desktop computer anymore, we have 2 laptops.

gogniben

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »

If your hard drive is clicking, its more than likely bad.  If that is the case, then you can't get anything off of it.

pattythefatty

• Archived User
Hard Drive Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

well, clicking hdd is a pretty bad sounding thing, but you never know.  You might be able to get it to work.  Here is how you could get the data off of it, assuming that the drive was unlocked.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16812232002
Now this product can be found for cheaper, I just went to Newegg adn searched for it, cause I knew they had it. I know you can get them cheaper elsewhere (just be sure that they also do come with the external power adapter like the one I linked does.  Since you dont have a PC, you will ned to power the drive somehow, and the linked adapter has an external power source.)   It is just so you know what you are looking for.  This would then be able to be connected to your laptop.

i have also heard of people freezing their clicking HDD in their refrigerator's freezer section.  Apparently, in some cases,  this can allow the drive to work well enough to get your data off.

just some suggestions... good luck.
-PTF

Edit:  you could also use the xbox to power the drive too.

This post has been edited by pattythefatty: Oct 16 2009, 09:29 PM