xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! I Broke It! -urgent-  (Read 98 times)

xess

• Archived User
Help! I Broke It! -urgent-
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »

Well for a start you need a bios for a v1.6. Use your friends xbox to reflash with X3 3294 v16plus then try it in your xbox again.
Error 5 is because the hdd is not locked. Once you have the right bios you shouldn't need to worry about it. Unless you want to boot with the chip dis-abled, but even then it shouldn't be a problem to lock.
Slayers or AID will help you out.

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »

Is flash protect off? You are trying on the v1.4 box, right? There is no chance of anything loading or working on the v1.6 until you flash the correct bios.
No other hdd is any use to you just now. The hdd and mobo are locked together with a key. Once you have the x3 bios working however, you can put in any size of hdd.

EDIT: You have a new mobo don't you? You won't be able to boot with the chip disabled at all because the mobo and hdd are not the original pair.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »

it sounds to me like your 1.6 rebuild is not done right, so the chip is fragging when enabled, and booting stock when disabled (error 5)

since its set up for 1.6 the bios frags on the 1.4

id double check the soldering on your rebuild pcb before anything else

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(PreludeOfDeath @ Mar 23 2008, 01:55 PM) View Post

We have checked the PCB Rebuild about 100 times, and redone almost all the points at least once now... They all have good clean solder points and there shouldn't be any problem.
Cause believe me, that is what I thought would be the problem for sure...

Summary of Tests:
1.6Chip in 1.4Box - Frags on 1MB Bank, but not on 512MB Bank
1.6Chip in 1.6Box - Frags on all Banks

1.4Chip in 1.4Box - Works on all Banks
1.4Chip in 1.6Box - Frags on all Banks

EDIT: I wish there were more detailed pics and descriptions of where the points are... Just so I could confirm that EVERYTHING is perfect... But I am 99% Sure they are... The Soldering looks hella better than the PCB Soldering Tutorial Pics smile.gif

try flashing a 1.6 bios to a bank of the 1.4 chip (that bank should then frag on the 1.4) if it frags in the 1.6 then the issue is probably the soldering

for the rebuild, this is the diagram ive used for every 1.6 ive done (ive always used wire, never had luck with the PCBs, lol)
IPB Image

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(PreludeOfDeath @ Mar 23 2008, 02:09 PM) View Post

Alright, I plan on trying everything over again when I get off of work at 6p cst tonight... (YES, I am WORKING on Easter!) In fact, I can't even see that picture of the LPC because 'smartxx.com' is Blocked under a 'Games' classification... lolz

at least you get xbox-scene, i personally got that blocked at my office, lol

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(PreludeOfDeath @ Mar 23 2008, 04:30 PM) View Post

I also am pretty sure there is a X3 v1.6 Bios on my Chip Already (Because this X3 WAS installed at one point*),

* = But then the Video Chip on the Mobo went out and I had it replaced. At the same time the Duo & larger HDD was installed.

Do you know the version of the original mobo which was replaced? Because if that was a 1.6, and the x3 came from that board, then as lordvader said, it has to be the soldering.

PreludeOfDeath

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(PreludeOfDeath @ Mar 23 2008, 06:50 PM) View Post

My Original Xbox was a 1.6 and I had the guy replace it with a 1.6

I will check the points over again... And I will try flashing on a 1.6 bios... I will let you know tonight smile.gif

Well... I am a failure... lolz

The 1.4 Xbox with the 1.4Chip would not allow Flashes on it worth a damn... I couldn't get it to accept the flash files...
The 1.4 Xbox with the 1.6Chip would not boot into FlashBios at all, no matter what I did.

There could be so many things wrong with this system.... And I am pretty sure it could be both the chip and the xbox because it just functioned different than it used too...

I am thinking this now:
Put the Duo back in - Buy and install a smaller, 20GB HDD - Sell the Xbox
Sell the X3 to a forum expert for cheap (Prolly offer a refund if the chip is junk)
Buy a new Xbox - Buy a New X3 - Mod the New Xbox - Rejoice.

LMK if anyone has any other ideas... But as of NOW, I no Longer have the 1.4 Xbox...

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(PreludeOfDeath @ Mar 23 2008, 08:18 PM) View Post

LMK if anyone has any other ideas... But as of NOW, I no Longer have the 1.4 Xbox...

check the installers forum http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=29 and see if theres anyone local to you, they might be able to go over your work and whats working and what isnt

PreludeOfDeath

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Mar 24 2008, 12:05 AM) View Post

check the installers forum http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=29 and see if theres anyone local to you, they might be able to go over your work and whats working and what isnt

Alright... Thanks a lot... I think I may try out the Llamma first... He is like 30 min away from me smile.gif lolz