xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Advice Wanted  (Read 98 times)

raindancerob

• Archived User
Advice Wanted
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

im thinking of getting an Xecuter 2.6 CE Mod Chip & Xapter, i have a Samsung DVD-ROM drive & my xbox is V1.6 im new to this so sorry if i sound thick tongue.gif will i be able to play DVD+R games ? i can play DVD+R movies, also im thinking of installing XBMC, so once iv installed the mod chip & adapter do i just install XBMC from a DVD+R or DVD-R or do i need to flash &/or update the bios on my xbox first or will it just be ready to go ? if i do need to flash &/or update the bios how do i do this & will i need to buy anything else to allow me to do this ?

also with games, from what iv read would i be correct in thinking that i can just download games as ISO's & then i burn the image to disk with Nero or a similar program ? if not then how do i go about burning games ?

thanks in advance.

raindancerob

• Archived User
Advice Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:04:00 AM »

ok so iv brought the mod chip & installed it & the blue led's come on, but no bios screen comes up am i doing something wrong ?

raindancerob

• Archived User
Advice Wanted
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

also the leds where the power button is keep flashing red & green am i missing something here ?

raindancerob

• Archived User
Advice Wanted
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »

i brought the solderless adapter, i followed all of the instructions to the t & all seems to be ok, so i cant figure out what iv done wrong.

smoke_screen_uk

• Archived User
Advice Wanted
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

What modchip did you end up getting?

Ok, here are a few pages you should have a read of that might help
Most of the above links are from the Team Executer website excet the first with is from kanection.co.uk
It seems that these Xapt3r things are OK if you're scared of soldering or don't have a soldering iron, but are not great. From reading other post about them, they often come loose and you have to go back in the box and tighten them or re-align them  to make sure all the connections make good contact.

If you have a soldering iron and a spare few minutes you're better off soldering the pin header and LPC rebuild board on and be done with it, or find someone willing to do it for you.
...That's my opinion at least.

if you want to give soldering a go for the first time here is a quick guide to get you started

Hope you get it all figured out.
Smoke