xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Few Questions About My Mod Chip  (Read 23 times)

XmodsUK

• Archived User
Quick Few Questions About My Mod Chip
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »

1. Could be the DVD Drive on it's way out, or a dodgey eject button.

2. Hold the white button while booting. If you get to X3CL, then you have an X3. Check what switches you have installed. Open the Xbox up and have a look.

3. Yes. Just FTP the contents to your PC. Then FTP them back to your new drive.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(XmodsUK @ Jan 9 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post

1. Could be the DVD Drive on it's way out, or a dodgey eject button.

2. Hold the white button while booting. If you get to X3CL, then you have an X3. Check what switches you have installed. Open the Xbox up and have a look.

3. Yes. Just FTP the contents to your PC. Then FTP them back to your new drive.

re #2 - that will only tell if you have the X3 BIOS installed. Granted, if it works you must have an X3 since it's an exclusive feature. If it doesn't work, don't rule out what chip you have as you can flash Evox or X2 BIOSes to an X3 still. The best way to tell is to open your console and take a look.

XmodsUK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Jan 9 2008, 12:30 PM) View Post

re #2 - that will only tell if you have the X3 BIOS installed. Granted, if it works you must have an X3 since it's an exclusive feature. If it doesn't work, don't rule out what chip you have as you can flash Evox or X2 BIOSes to an X3 still. The best way to tell is to open your console and take a look.

Of course! Silly me. And if there is an X3 bios installed, the "Xecuter rox..." logo will be there upon boot. Unless it's been changed to something else.

Just open it up and have a look!