xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible To Switch Roles Of Power And Eject Buttons?  (Read 79 times)

Jelly4000

• Archived User
Possible To Switch Roles Of Power And Eject Buttons?
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

Fairly self explanatory - is it possible to make the power button eject and the eject button eject the drive? I want to do this because of my car install, i have to "feel" for the button, and it would make it that much easier to hit the bigger button.

Only a minor inconvenience, but the power button is slightly hidden (the xbox is slightly recessed).

So, is it possible? And is it possible without having the red power eject cable connected? I have disconnected it so that i don't have the "hold for less than a microsecond to turn on with chip enabled" thing.

Would appreciate an answer, i have already had a look through the x3 live changing tool (the hold white at startup menu) and couldn't see anything.

Cheers

Jelly

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

Bump....surely someone must know this.

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Anyone?

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »

if your driveing your car then how the hell can you play your xbox

Jelly4000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(boob1966 @ Apr 19 2007, 09:11 PM) *

if your driveing your car then how the hell can you play your xbox

Erm, who said i would be playing it? I simply want to turn it on. It's for music when i'm driving. Ever heard of XBMC? Or having someone else in the car too?

I'm surprised you've never seen the other car installs on here. You should check them out, some look great.

Don't worry btw, i changed the buttons round using a tut on here, hardware style. Shame there isn't a software/firmware solution.