xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Quit Working On Me...  (Read 29 times)

Joroesan

• Archived User
Xbox Quit Working On Me...
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

Ok, so F drive is unreadable. According to the FTP the C drive is fine, yet the regular (no mod chip enabled) dashboard won't start up. Let alone, why is the hacked BIOS so slow? I could just reformat the drive, but not if I can't even get into the X3 config. I don't get why a bad hard drive would cause the hacked BIOS not to work if this were the case. Halp!

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »

reformat hard drive and set it back up using auto installer deluxe 3.10

Joroesan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(boob1966 @ Mar 30 2007, 03:32 AM) View Post

reformat hard drive and set it back up using auto installer deluxe 3.10

Thanks! I was able to extract the original ms files from the zip in the iso after downloading the torrent for aid 3.10. I had to unlock the hdd and stick it in my pc to wipe it, when I stuck it back in the xbox I was able to reset the X3 bios by holding down the four color buttons. I then reformatted it using the x3cl. Then I was able to FTP in and upload the files to the c drive from the zip and was able to boot into both the x3 bios with the mod-chip enabled and the original ms dash with the mod-chip disabled. Thanks a ton for the info.

System is still slow though, not sure why. Very very very slugish. Takes about 4 full minutes to boot into the dash's. Any ideas on why this would be?

Joroesan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

Well, took a while to figure it out. Hope this helps anyone with similar problems. It turns out that unlike a computer, a bad hard drive in an xbox will actually slow the BIOS down to the point where it is unusable. Even though the hard drive works, if it is close to dying or has any errors on it, even after a clean reformat it will slow your xbox to a crawl. Replacing the hard drive got it back up to normal again.

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »

TO MANY GAME SAVES WILL ALLSO SLOW DOWN A XBOX

wutang138

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »

Wow thanks I just posted in the forum and I think maybe this is the answer. Maybe you could check out my post and see if it sounds familar

etrain1984

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

The problem is definitely a bad hard drive from what you described. I had exactly the same problem before and a new HDD fixed it.