xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Stopped Working?  (Read 17 times)

Fantata1

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Stopped Working?
« on: August 30, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

I've been running my x-box with a mod chip in for about 18 months with no problem. Then, suddenly when I try to start the x-box with the chip on is starts making a high-pitched noise (coming from the HDD I think) and then it tries to start, then switches off, tries to start again, then switches off, starts a third time but with the light flashing red/green!!

The x-box works fine with the chip switched off, so I suspected that the chip may have come loose or something (it's a solderless one). But I've since stripped and rebuilt it twice and it still does the same thing!!

Has anybody got any ideas?!?

Help!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

this happened to me earlier with my xbox 3 , hooked the chip up to it turned it on and it made a high
 pitched squeak like a mouse (its a rubber jacketed seagate, no other xbox HD has squeeked like that before  why this one??)
  looked a bit closer and the solderless adaptor wasnt flush with the MB.
make sure you got the do pin in the right hole and the adaptor is fitted correctly

Fantata1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Dpbmt

Tried that, as it looked like the solderless adapter was sitting high, but it always had and was working fine. However, to double check I started up the x-box whilst pushing down slightly onto the chip (so that the adapter seats better) and there was no change. It's definitely something to do with the xecuter as everything works fine with the chip switched off.

Any other thoughts? In one of the other forums somebody had pretty much the same issue and was told to load an EvoX exploit, but I don't know if that fixed the problem (and don't know what an exploit is anyway!!). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

Mmmmmm strange, can you get a pic so i get a closer look, also are the lights coming on the chip?
and have you got the switch connected?
 i think that your problem lies in the solderless adaptor

lnlogauge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

I came on this forum to search for the EXACT problem that you have. I have a soldered chip, so that isnt my problem. It tries to come on twice, than flashes red and green. Comes on fine with normal startup. All lights are coming on the chip, and the switch is connected.

This post has been edited by lnlogauge: Sep 3 2006, 02:13 AM

Fantata1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

Dpbmt,

I haven't any photo's but honestly don't think it would be any good if I had, as all they would show is the adapter sitting up a little bit (but it always has done).

The blue light on the chip is coming on and the switch is installed correctly. As said before, it's all worked fine for 18 months then suddenly stopped.

Tried last night to flash the bios on the chip again (by selecting bios 2 on the switch and switching bios protect off), but it still did the same thing as before. I was expecting the "blue" screen you get when you first install the chip, but that didn't happen.

I'm beginning to think that the chip is fried (although it looked ok) or that the switch or adapter is faulty. I may have to resort to buying a new chip, etc. and see if that fixes it.

Anybody got any other thoughts??

lnlogauge,

When I was looking into this problem I found another thread in the forum discussing it, but it never gave a definite answer:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=526367

I've posed the question on that forum as well, and have e-mailed SSSSSmokey, but with no response yet!!

Keep an eye on this space in case someone comes up with a plan!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

check your getting two blue one red light on the chip if not check your xapter is installed ok
xapters are a pain in the butt

dpbmt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

only thing i can think of is to push down on the chip when you boot up so that the adaptor is flush
with the motherboard, if nothing works you could always solder the chip in see if that sorts your problem

Fantata1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

Success!!!

Decided to have one more shot at re-checking every connection. Removed HDD and checked connections, removed DVD Rom and checked connections, removed chip and blew into connections (in case there was some debris in there), removed adapter and then refitted.

Before I fully tightened the adapter I fitted the chip and pushed down pretty hard, then tighted up adapter screw as much as I dared. At this point I noticed that I'd fitted the chip incorrectly the last time I did this (a few days back) - the chip should overhang the adapter towards the screw end- I'd done it the other way. Put it all back together, and to my surprised the FRAG disappeared and the xbox booted up on the chip like it used to.

I've no explanation to what actually fixed it, but it must be one of the above actions. Note the issue with the chip overhang may have hidden me fixing a bad connection the last time I checked the connections. Guess we'll never know.

Anyway - as the advice goes - check those connections (and not only the ones on the chip!!)
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)