xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Have Tried Everything, Help!  (Read 22 times)

Benjilutz

• Archived User
I Have Tried Everything, Help!
« on: July 09, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

Alright let me try and sum up my problem and what I've done in as few words as possible. I had a working Xenium ICE modchip installed in my version 1.0 xbox. Everything was going great, then one day I tried to turn the xbox on and it did the on, off, on, off, on FRAG, no display at all. I checked some connections and tried to figure out what was going wrong but couldn't fix it. My mod chip light still came on, but it just wouldn't boot. I figured my mod chip bit the dust.

I ordered a new Xecuter 2.6 CE, and I figured I'd be able to just stick it in and get going just like before. Wrong: I put the new chip in had the same problem, FRAG. The lights on the new chip came on, but it wouldn't boot. After messing with it for a little while I figured I must have a bad Xbox. The reason I didn't think this sooner was because when there is no chip in there, it works fine, it boots to the MS dashboard, plays dvds, games etc. But I figured in this case maybe there was a problem with the D0 hole or some strange hardware issue, so I figured I'd just get a new xbox.

I got the new xbox, also a version 1.0 (might be 1.1, date is 2002-09-04) and put my universal solderless adapter in, and I tried both my Xenium ICE, and Xecuter 2.6 mod chips, same problem, FRAG. At this point I figured I've replaced everything but the solderless adapter, so I figured I'd replace that as well. I got a new solderless adapter and still the same exact problem. Once again with no chip in there, the xbox boots normally, to the MS dashboard. Maybe there is something I'm missing that is a simple solution to my problem, but right now I'm very frustrated. I had a completely working modded xbox, and now I have a pile of scrap. Someone please help me, let me know if you need any more info. Thanks in advance!

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

I have 2 different types of solderless adapters one that is blue and smaller, with 10 pins, and one that is black and larger, with 11 pins. Neither has a connection for a power adapter. However my CE 2.6 modchip has a connection for power for 1.6 xbox's. But my xbox is a 1.0 (or 1.1) so it shouldn't require extra power. Plus my Xenium ICE never used power and it worked fine, for a while. Any other thoughts or ideas?

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »

Yes, the pinheader has more, but I was using my Xenium ICE mod chip fully functional with the universal solderless adapter. The CE 2.6 also says it is compatible with the universal solderless adapter. Also when I turn on the xbox the light on the chip comes on. I really do not think it has anything to do with the solderless adapter.

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

I see a blue light on the chip, and 3 green LED's on the little control panel that sits outside the xbox.

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

Ok, as I said before. This chip has been working for over a year with the current solderless adapter, it is getting power. The extra power interface is only for version 1.6 xbox's, mine is only 1.1, I really don't think it has anything to do with power. Does anyone have any other ideas?

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »

woops, nevermind

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

Yeah I have reseated the chip 100 times, and tried different pins to plug it into. The light on the chip is coming on when I put it where I think it should go, so that looks pretty good. I really don't know what else to try, 2 xbox's, 2 mod chips, and 2 solderless adapters, and nothing seems to work. I'm very frustrated....

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

I have a new development. I just put the old solderless adapter back in, and connected my Xenium ICE mod chip. When I boot up the xbox the red light on the xenium is lit, and it just boots to the normal MS dashboard. I cannot get it to boot to flash bios, or any bios whatsoever. I also tried inserting a burned game and it didn't read it, so I'm not even sure the chip is working, but the light is on.... any thoughts?

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

Does anyone else have any ideas regarding this problem? I will seriously paypal someone $10 if they figure this out, and help me get it working. Please, I've tried everything I know to try, I need some serious help. Thanks in advance.

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

get the right solderless for the job xapt3r
the Xenium dose not use flashbios it has its own os you push the eject button to get into it

Benjilutz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

I really need to clear this up before I drop $30 on ANOTHER solderless adapter. The solderless adapter that I have, that I bought is this one: http://www.extreme-m...-adapter-p.html
It says right in there it is compatable with 2.6.

The one you are talking about, the xadt3r is this one: http://www.mod-chip.com/en/xapt3r.php

As far as I can tell they aren't even that much different aside from appearence. Are you absolutely sure that it will work with that adapter?