xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Would Jesus Do?  (Read 68 times)

XmodsUK

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« on: October 22, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

Bios is fine.

If you want an up to date dashboard, forget Evox. Go for UnleashX or even Avalaunch. Also get DVD2Xbox, DVDx2, and XBMC. That should be enough to get you going, although I'm sure other people will have other opinions.

oxjeremy334

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

If you can use xbins, then they have all of the latest builds.

Vasher

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

The Evox dash hasn't had an update in 2 years. Avalaunch and Unleash X have a lot more features. I use Avalaunch. Latest Avalaucnh is 49.3.

You should use the X3 3294 instead of 3293. 3293 has known bugs.

blakksmiff

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

Here is my 2 cents, from a nOObs perspective. I would reccomend just using Slayers EVox 2.6 to install your dash. This is a one shot deal, just make the Slayers disk, place it on your DVD drive, power the unit back on and voila in minutes you will have EVOX, XBMP, XBMC, and all of your other handy apps insalled in one step. You can also boot to Avaluanch from Evox. I would say use this method until you become more familiar with everything. I just modded my second XBOX using this method and it was flawless.

XmodsUK

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(tbone937 @ Oct 24 2005, 02:26 AM)
Kinda noob question again:

XmodsUK

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »

Yep, that's exactly how you flash the bios.

To install Ava, just unpack the .rar file, an copy the contenmts across to your C: (or any other partition you want use). You may have to edit the .xml file, but it's pretty straight forward.

Then boot to X3CL, and point you boot options to where ever you put Ava.

tbone937

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

Woooo freakin HOOO...

Avalaunch (default skin) running.. newest bios i think and newest avalaunch... now i just need to bring on the new hard drive, skins, apps, music, and Divx movies....

You may or may not have had this much excitement when you did your first mod but I sure do...

Ok...

Before I go any farther:

Are there any Tips/Tricks/Hard lessons learned that you would like to pass on to me? As in its better to format blah blah (which i know nothing about but seems of utmost importance.

Also now that I have avalaunch running how hard (tutorial link?) will it be to put in a larger Bestbuy harddrive?

Also, again, how/where does one go about putting the apps/emus/game backups on one's hard drive?

COOLNESS,
D

g$$$

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

One tip, never enable a password in x3cl.  That's on the chip itself.  As to where to put emulators and apps,  take a look at the avalaunch xml.  I believe it already is set up to point to F for most of these.  You simply install your new hd, format it in x3cl, ftp back the original contents of your C and E drive and put them in there respective places.  You create folders in F that are titled whatever your xml looks for. ie: F:\Apps\disc copiers\dvd2xbox and you install the application in its proper location.  Make sure wherever you have them corresponds to the xml or they won't show up.  good luck.

tbone937

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »

Nice.. super concise, thanx.

Now I need to get a HD and get on with this round-up.

anyone tell me what good the telnet stuff i see in Avalaunch is?

As big a dork as I am, I actually play a text based game online and I wonder if I could access that w/out a keyboard... hrm, the possibilities.

D

tbone937

• Archived User
What Would Jesus Do?
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

Any tips for install of XBMC btw?

Just got it of xbins UK mirror...
looks a bit neat

thanx
D