xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pin 15 -- Continuity With Ground?  (Read 44 times)

SHOVEIT

• Archived User
Pin 15 -- Continuity With Ground?
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »

ok guys,  so my friend brought me his xbox today, it's a v1.6b with an xecuter 3. anyway his chip wasn't lighting up, so i decided to unsolder everything and start from scratch. well i got everythin unsoldered and went back over everything with my multimeter and i found something really odd. When I have the power connected and the machine turned on lpc 15 reads out 3.29 volts which is normal, when i have the power disconnected i have continuity with the ground. i checked this by placing one end of the multimeter on lpc 15 and one on one of the screw holes in the mobo. Is this Normal? I still get ground readings out of pin 2 and pin 12 like i should, but i also get it out of pin 15 when the box is not turned on. when i turn the box on i get 0v for pin 2, normal, 0v for pin 12, normal, and 3.29 volts for pin 15. Could this be a problem, and if so how do i fix it. is there an alternate place that i can solder to for pin 15? oh yeah and on the 1.6b mobo pin 9 is 0v, is this correct. i believe it is because i see that the pcb rebuild kit will actually connect the two. thanks in advance. any help is appreciated.