xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V1.4, Xapt3r, X3 Control Panel  (Read 26 times)

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
V1.4, Xapt3r, X3 Control Panel
« on: August 06, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(dead_meat @ Aug 6 2005, 01:34 PM)
Ok, XAPT3R has the blue led's and a bright and solid red (finally). Now when I hit the power quickly, I get a red X on the CP, and the Xbox flubber boot screen and no LCD screen on the CP.

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(XLostSpartanX @ Aug 6 2005, 01:42 PM)
well i have those exact smae things and mine worked with no problem.  Also you want get the screent o work untill flash your BIOS, then you have to turn it on.  ONe last thing is that you Pro switch(on the controll panle) may be in the wrong positions.  Trin pussing 1 and 2 in and leaving 3 and 4 out.  that is bank #1 for the 1mb bios with is what you will need to flash for the first time.  hope this helps/

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(XLostSpartanX @ Aug 6 2005, 01:44 PM)
hmmmm is says that i didnt post.

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

Sorry, it is a version 1.2 or 1.3.

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

I just used the DO point in the front and the do pointon the back, I set my multi-meter to open, and I got a tone. So doesnt that mean that The do on the top is good???
But I am not getting the red LED on the Xapt3r, nor am I getting the blue X on the control panel.
Help!!!!!! beerchug.gif

westr2424

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »

I had similar problems with the solderless adapter. I  had to push down on it while powering on in order for it to work. Had to do this each time. Eventually I got fed up, through the solderless adapter away and then soldered in the pin header. (which turned out to be EASY, lot easier than I thought it would be). This cured all my woes. I read all the tutoriols saying "Oh, just push down really hard" Well, trust me, I thougt I was gonna crack my motherboard I was pushing down so hard. A waste of twenty dollars!!! Just solder in the pin header, you won't regret it.

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

Yea, I am about there. I have checked and continuity is there, using the DO on the front and the Rear Do, it just will not ground.
Voltages are all correct, just will not boot the X3 chip

westr2424

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

Try pushing down on top of the adapter while powering it on.

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »

So far I have.....
Pushed down on it.
tweaked it.
So, the story so far.
1.Voltages are all as they should be
2.There is continuity between the front DO point and the DO  point on the back of the mother board
3.There is continuity in pins 2 and 12 (grounds)
4.I can get the blue X to light on the control panel by taking the DO from the back of te board and grounding it to a screw.
5.But when I do that I get a black screen. I have tried to boot off/on/off/off/off, on/on/off/off/off, off/on/on/off/off.
6.Tried a short push of the power button, a push of the eject/power
7.If I do not touch the DO to a ground, I get flubber.

I get Three blue LEDs on the Xapt3r. NO red LED. I can get the LED to go red, but by putting the original Xapt3r wire into a different hole.
That aside, when I put the chip on, the 2 blue LED's light on the chip.
When I touch the do wire to a screw, I get the blue x on the front of my CP, but a black screen on the TV.
So, I aint sure what to do. Just pulled the chip, checked the volts again, all good.....
I am at a loss. Anyone help??
SIDE NOTE MY VERSION IS 1.2 OR 1.3 NOT A 1.4 I WAS MISTAKEN WHEN I FIRST POSTED THE TITLE

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 06:43:00 AM »

Side note.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

I think you're supposed to have 3 blue LED's on if the xapt3r is working.  Then again, mine's fragging too so I don't know.

ametalheart

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »

sleeping.gif  i think you should check your voltages again you say all are reading
0 3.3 or 5 but pin 1 is not 3.3 or 5 or 0. lclk pin 1 is 0.2v. if you are still using
the screw that came with the xapt3r chuck it in the trash it causes the back end
of the xapt3r to pull up around pin 1,2,3,5. if you look at the screw it has a machine thread yet the original screw that came with your mobo has a tapred thread. use the original screw it will work plus you can tighten it down tight!!!
then check your voltages and all will be cool

dead_meat

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

hmmmmm, I'll look into that voltage and give said screw a try....or whirl..(pun intended)