xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Errrrr Supid Question  (Read 63 times)

Bael

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« on: March 06, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

Hi,
probably isnt the right place to post but its in the modchip area so it will do.....

is there any way to find out what modchip i have????

^^stupid i know^^

but my dad got my xbox chipped for me at a shop, and the shop did everything for me, eg installing the modchip and setting up evox for me, and now i have finally figured out how to FTP my xbox (im a n00b lol) im getting into this stuff, and i was wondering if there was a way to find out what modchip is in my xbox without opening it up??

EDIT: also i was wondering about BIOS....i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a site that tells you all about them and what they actually do, and i was wondering if all BIOS that you can get do the same things or tey have like different features, and also are all BIOS compatible with all Modchips?

custard

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

why not ask the shop what they fitted?

Bael

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

i got xbox modded more than a year ago, and the shop went bankrupt or something cus its not there anymore xD

D4RK M4ST3R

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

One of the easiest ways to identify your modchip and BIOS is to use Slayers Evox Auto Installer v2.6 which comes with a utility called BiosCheck v4.0b.   If You don't have Slayers, try downloading just the utility.  I believe the latest version is now BiosCheck v5.0.  You can read all about it at  their official website here .
--

acemilo

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

Yep open it and see.  I always inform my customers what I'm installing, they should have too but since thats not an option anymore, just open it.

Vasher

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

Opening it is the only way to be sure. No worry's either, you won't ruin anything by takin' it apart. You'll need a torx 10 and 20. The chip will be visible after you get the DVD out.

If I do just a hdd upgrade for someone I always open their box in front of them so they can see exactly what they have. A guy just picked up his box this morning. When he dropped it off he swore he had an Xecuter 2.6, but after I opened it for him, he found the modder before me gave him a TSOP. I didn't put the top back on until I showed him that I used the hdd that he brought. It's just good business.

If you don't do the mods yourself, it's always a good idea to check the work.

D4RK M4ST3R

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

and i was wondering if there was a way to find out what modchip is in my xbox WITHOUT opening it up??

Yes if he opens up the xbox it would be a foolproof way of figuring out which modchip he has BUT maybe he's not comfortable with that and thats why he asked for a way to find out which modchip and bios he has without opening his xbox.

Bael

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(D4RK M4ST3R @ Mar 7 2005, 03:05 AM)
Yes if he opens up the xbox it would be a foolproof way of figuring out which modchip he has BUT maybe he's not comfortable with that and thats why he asked for a way to find out which modchip and bios he has without opening his xbox.

acemilo

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

There is little to no way to tell from the outside especially if there are no switches on the outside.  Just open it up you can't screw anything up.

D4RK M4ST3R

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »

i tried the BIOS check, and when i ran it, all it said under modchip was, (Unknown/homebrew) :S

Which version of BiosCHeck did you use?  Was it the latest One?  Well if it doesn't recognize it I guess you'll have to open it up,  don't worry though as its quite easy! =)

Just curious what Bios did it say your Xbox has?

Bael

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

i used version 5.0 from a site with loads of apps on, and it said i had, "EvoX2.4 ColorMod blue" BIOS, i figure these must be very old BIOS as it was not long after the box was 1st released in UK that i got it modded =/

but i still don't understand what BIOS actually do uhh.gif  whta do say for instance the EvoX M8 Bios do that the Bios I have don't?

Sorry for the tarded n00b questions lol xD

where do i buy the special screwdrivers i need to open it up lol unsure.gif do they sell em at wilkinsons? (for any people in UK lol)

also i was wondering what features newer chips offer aswell?? like what does the executer3 do that my Unknown piece a crap doesnt lol xD all i thought chips allowed you to do was play back-up games and add like extra apps to your box an stuff, but i can do tha with my chip, so what does esecuter 3 do extra?

^^again sorry for tarded questions tongue.gif

D4RK M4ST3R

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

Just read this thread and all of your questions will be answered.

Well maybe not All but al least some...

user posted image

acemilo

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Anything you find on a web site won't be legit, you must look elsewhere.

Bael

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

OK i have pics of inside my xbox and i cant even tell which bit looks like its my modchip lol, but heres the pics maybe you can tell me, sorryfor extremely low quality, maybe if you gimme like the general area of where the chip should be, i can get a quality pic of that area,

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

thanx,
 Bael

Genezis

• Archived User
Errrrr Supid Question
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bael @ Mar 13 2005, 02:52 AM)
OK i have pics of inside my xbox and i cant even tell which bit looks like its my modchip lol, but heres the pics maybe you can tell me, sorryfor extremely low quality, maybe if you gimme like the general area of where the chip should be, i can get a quality pic of that area,
Pages: [1] 2