xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help - Issues With 2.3 Lite+ And Programmer  (Read 16 times)

firewater

• Archived User
Please Help - Issues With 2.3 Lite+ And Programmer
« on: February 18, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »

Ok - here's the deal: I've got a v1.3 xbox and a Xecuter 2.3lite + sodder-less modchip. I installed the chip about a month ago - flashing it with the Programmer on my PC with X2 4983.

Everything has been working fine until about three days ago when I booted the box, got to my Evox screen, and saw that my background looked a little f'd up - wrong colors, weird patterns, ect. I turned the box off, let it chill for a moment, then turned it back on to see a FRAG. I take the chip out, plug it into the Programmer, and flash X2 on one bank and Cromwell on the other. Put the chip back into the box, and another FRAG. I know that the allignment of the chip is fine, as when I boot with the chip disabled, I get all three lights (2 blue, 1 green). Once I enable the chip, however, the d0 (green) light goes out, and the box FRAGs.  

To make matters worse, I have flashed the chip with half a dozen different BIOs combinations, and now my Programmer is giving me a 0x1010 error, even though the chip is NOT flash protected. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the external control panel, as the switchs are set on ENABLE and UNPROTECTED, but I am still getting a 0x1010 error. Thanks for any help y'all can give me.