xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6 Bios Tutorial  (Read 775 times)

Ramaxx

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6 Bios Tutorial
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2011, 03:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(OUTLAWuk @ Feb 22 2005, 12:43 AM) View Post

HI, Im new to this but have worked out to get bios for x2.6. But when i try to open it on evtool it says error kernel extraction faild.
any ideas biggrin.gif . THANKS, JACK

Hi Jack, did you sort out your issue with Evtool? It's just that i had the same problem when I tried to open bios for any x2_xxx.xxbin bios and i tried all versions of Evtool. The Evtool was fine with all the M8plus bios but my xbox is not 1.6v. Any advice?

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »

EVTool was written for the M8 bios. It is normal to have issues when trying to edit other bioses. Use XBTool for other bioses.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

There is no X2 Config live. There is X3 Config live, if you have an X3 chip and an X3 BIOS - which you don't. For X2.5035 you edit the BIOS behaviour by editing x2config.ini, and placing it in the root of E:\

You now build your hard drive with a boot/rescue/install disc. Grab HeXEn (Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc), burn it to DVD-R. Cold boot with it in your DVD drive. The LED will turn red, and the menu will appear after around 40 seconds, although it may take a little longer depending on your DVD drive.

Select Option 3.5.3. New Disk, NTSC Xbox or 3.5.4. New Disk, PAL Xbox depending on your Xbox region (the passcode for both is AYBX). Then select option 4.1. Install XBMC to E. Manually overwrite the XBMC installation at E:\Apps\XBMC with the latest version (delete the current version first, then replace with the latest version). Reboot and make sure that XBMC works when you run it as an application from the dashboard.

Once it does use the dashboard switching tool (either run from the default UnleashX dash or from HeXEn - Option 5.1.4.3. Switch to XBMC on E) to change the default dash to XBMC.

For your other chip, plug it in, boot with HeXEn, and use the flashing option (3,2) to flash a new BIOS to one of the chip banks. If you want to put FlashBIOS on there as well then you have to do that manually from Evox on the hard drive. (Put FlashbIOS in E:\Dashboard\Evox\BIOS\, run Evox, select the flashing option.)

Ramaxx

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »

Thanks for replying and I appreciate your patients with my ignorance.

I understand what you say about the x2 live config. To keep things simple, can I just leave it out.  What I am thinking, is that there will be some sort of x2config.ini in the root of E:\, just not the edited one by me right ? When i understand things better i'll mess with it.

Re:HeXEn, I went to the usual place. Looked in various areas in xbox / console /....., but was just going in circles. If you are able to give directions it would be most helpful. Once I get hold of it and follow your instructions i should be fine.

As for the other chip again i understand what you say. So is there any point in keeping flash-bios in any of the banks? I thought their soul purpose was to allow re-flashing of the chip at a latter date.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc.

HeXEn puts x2config.ini in the right place for you when you build your hard disk. When you're ready you can use FTP to take a copy to your PC, edit it, and copy it back to your Xbox.

It's worth keeping Flashbios on one bank of a dual-bank chip in case you accidentally flash a non-booting BIOS to the other bank, but if you have multiple chips that you can hotswap between then it's not essential.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Jun 1 2011, 09:01 PM

Ramaxx

• Archived User
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2020, 08:42:00 AM »

Thanks I got your HeXEN disc, but I think i did something wrong and ran into trouble.

Got as far as this:-

UnleashX has finished preparing your new drive.
When, two triggers and start, pressed
It began copying files from E:\Delete Me\BIOS Configs
But during the process gave a message on a blue box:
Invalid Command( within the blue box said: Unable to execute command., item:, Action: delete)

I pressed Ok and it gave me another message:

FAILURE
Batch process failed, last item was :
Action: delete

pressed Ok and it gave me another message

Retuned me to menu

Keeping your disk in DVD, when I reboot, it gives error 21 but the screen is no fully visible.
Looked up on what it means. Is this repairable or do I get another Xbox?

When I cold boot it with the disk in – the HexEN menue shows up with the the following information:
C;499.85MB,
E; 4.879.53,
F;2,13450,
G; 0.

When I boot up without disk, modchip switch off, I get error 13. When I boot up with modchip switch on I get the same error.

Is my xbox dead? I can always get another one and swap the chip.

Ramaxx

• Archived User
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »

Sorry forgot to add this if it helps at all.

I install xbmc on :E, then it goes to back to previous screen. I go to dashboard (from HeXEn - Option 5.1.4.3.) But get this : FAILURE (batch process failed. The last item was :XBMC dash shortcut not installed. Install XBMC to E first..
Action: rename
Then back to previous menue.

Ramaxx

• Archived User
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »

Power cut during harddrive build.

Found out what caused the problem. Having accepted defeat, I switched off my xbox, only to hear crackling noises from my xbox. Checked power supply connection at the back of the box & could hear it crackling away. I can only assume this must have caused, a short power cut during my HD building process.

Anyway managed to get it sorted out
Noticed that C:\ evodash.x*e was empty. So i copied this file over from the disc. Also noticed there were other files (xboxdash_ffp.x*e, xboxdash.x*e, XB*x Book.x*f, Xbox.x*f) and folders ( xod*sh, xboxdashdata.185*ad00, Ski*, font*, Audi*, Trainer*), missing form my C:\

Using one of the file managers I was able to copy these files and folders, from HeXEn disc, onto my C:\ and now my xbox is working fine – no error codes.

Now I am Just trying to copy important files before replacing the HD using Configmagic. I get the three files in my E folder, EEPROMbackup.***, but can not seem to locate the Backup folder with five important files which should be in the C folder.

Heimdal, Thanks for your help

ChopperNZ

• Archived User
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:00 AM »

HI There,

I seem to have a very odd system running Xbox v1.4.

I purchased it off a local Ebay type website for a few bob and then made the mistake iof altering the the skin which then went all black and hence the box was useless. Now i've reenergised it with the grerat Hexen disk and installed the Krayzie softmod.

The problem now is that i cannot install the xbmc dashboard due to the

"Batch Process Failed error: The last item was: XBMC dash shortcut not installed. install XBMC to E First
Action: Rename"

I've installed it to E (Twice now) and still no joy. I can FTP in and see it there bit it wont work.

Also ive notived i have a full c drive. I have C/D/E/F/G/X/Y/Z all showing as drives, i think x/y/z are old network shares from its previous owner.  C:\ is also showing a huge 367MB shadowc.img file?

C has 1.5mb spare
D 486 mb
E 4,014 MB
F 63,601

I've done a bit of reading and the error seems to be linked to my "default" dash. I have one listed in C:\ as default.xbe but i'm a complete nooby to this and am banging my head on teh wall about this batch error as the whole reason for getting the xbox was for XBMC.

Can anyone help? i cant see to find it on the internet so far.

Thanks
Brian

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]