xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Xbox Wont Boot Anymore  (Read 71 times)

baracus2k

• Archived User
Help Xbox Wont Boot Anymore
« on: January 04, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

i think i cleared the eeprom with avalaunch..... i have a v1.0 xbox with a xecuter 1 chip..... is there any way to fix it..... would a new xecuter 1 chip fix it or do i need a xecuter 2 loaded with the cromwell bios?

dcmad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

is the screen black when it dosent boot, if so then it sounds like u r right, luckily the v1.0 xbox has 4 banks on its eeprom, default is booting from bank 1 but there is a fix where u can solder a simple wire underneath the board to make the xbox boot from 1 of the other 3 eeprom images, u should have only corrupted bank 1, im afraid i haven't got a direct link to the fix but if u do a search on www.llamma.com on there forums its called coma state, u will find the fix and diagrams there. if that dosent work u will have to embed a eeprom into a bios and flash that to a modchip, there r working images out there but the eeproms r banned from live etc, best to fix the original if u can m8.

goodluck and let us know how u get on.

DcMaD :)

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(dcmad @ Jan 4 2005, 09:48 PM)
is the screen black when it dosent boot, if so then it sounds like u r right, luckily the v1.0 xbox has 4 banks on its eeprom, default is booting from bank 1 but there is a fix where u can solder a simple wire underneath the board to make the xbox boot from 1 of the other 3 eeprom images, u should have only corrupted bank 1, im afraid i haven't got a direct link to the fix but if u do a search on www.llamma.com on there forums its called coma state, u will find the fix and diagrams there. if that dosent work u will have to embed a eeprom into a bios and flash that to a modchip, there r working images out there but the eeproms r banned from live etc, best to fix the original if u can m8.

goodluck and let us know how u get on.

DcMaD :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  :jester:   Wow thats funny.  The eeprom does NOT have 4 banks on a 1.0, the TSOP is a 1mb tsop which is a 256k bios repeated 4 times.   If you corrupted the eeprom like you said, you only have a few options.  You can try preflashing a 3rd gen chip with the cromwell eeprom fixer bios, or you can get a 4th gen and try fixing it thru that.  If that doesnt work you can try desoldering the eeprom off the board and putting an eeprom from another board on it.

baracus2k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

well i dono if its corrupt...... it doenst appear to boot....hard drive starts up i can hear it...no picture or audio...just a black screen and red flashing...... so the 1.0 xbox doesnt have 4 banks?

ChipInABox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:42:00 AM »

The v1.0 Xbox can be rigged to have 4x256k, 2x512k, or 1x1024k bios banks in the onboard chip. But that's a WHOLE different subject...

Yes, Red Flashing is an EEPROM problem. You need to flash your eeprom, if you can't, then desolder and solder in a different eeprom chip. Just make sure it's from the same version Xbox, or I think it can be v1.0-1.1. Good luck

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 06:16:00 AM »

when u turn it on does it at all turn off after a while if it does then check for any wires that may not be connected cause this similar type of thing happened to me.

baracus2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(iNfErNaL666 @ Jan 5 2005, 01:11 PM)
when u turn it on does it at all turn off after a while if it does then check for any wires that may not be connected cause this similar type of thing happened to me.

nope doesnt turn off

xtremexmods

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

Could you just add a 4th gen chip like an Xecuter 3 and not even use the xbox eeprom anymore? Just curious :huh:

baracus2k

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(xtremexmods @ Jan 5 2005, 03:09 PM)
Could you just add a 4th gen chip like an Xecuter 3 and not even use the xbox eeprom anymore? Just curious :huh:

is that possible?