xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Troubles With 1.6 Box And 2.6lite Chip?  (Read 224 times)

ubernewb

• Archived User
Troubles With 1.6 Box And 2.6lite Chip?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

gbrown69

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

I made extensive search without finding any thing about losing date and time on a 1.6b crystal box with an xecuter 2.6 lite. after modding it i made 2 x 256 3.03 flashbios and 2 x 256k with m8_plus_1.6 and all is going very well... exept that every time i turn off the box, it lose date and time even with the a/c always plugged in.

any hint is welcome.

thanx

snowy1998

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

sad.gif).
Anyone shed any light, much appreciated
thanks

snowy1998

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

Oh, and when it 'freezes' it also loses date and time

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

first off, i know nothing about the 2.6ce chip... not sure if it had the same issues and the 2.6lite with only working properly off the 2nd bank. afraid i'm not gonna be much help to you on that one. i suggest that you keep searching both here and teamxecuter's forums for others with similar probems.

as for date/time reset.. to be honest i haven't noticed whether mine has that problem or no. i've ben doing a lot of work with my box and its been unplugged like every hour.. might be the m8plus_16 though... like i said, when i had it on my 1.6 it seemed really buggy. went back to m8_16 and she worked fine.. course if you have a 1.6b then that doesn't help much

sorry i don't have any more answers for ya, but i got tired of the problems and swapped out to an X3. cuz at least team xecuter is making bioses to support that chip.. it's a shame they dropped the ball with the 2.6... a damn shame.

shill88

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(shill88 @ Dec 18 2004, 08:42 AM)
Ok looks like I'm going to need some more help. The flash worked however I'm getting crashes. To try and fix this I went back to my previously working bios I had backed up using the slayer 2.6 cd. This was a 1mb file that I saved to c:\backup\bios.bin with the switch set on bank 2. Flashed using flashbios 3.03 that I had put on using this technique. FlashBios reported flash failed. Bank 1 black screen. Bank 2 works with no crashes as of yet thank god.

dcmad

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

smile.gif

also i found the most stable bios on the 1.6b is the m8plus16, i found the yoshi beta fix one to crash, i still have problems with my 1.6b with loading times and most dvd films not playing(probably because of the data rate needed to play a film) but i just play the games of hdd, which seem to run fine for some reason.

happy new year everyone smile.gif

DcMaD

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »

thanks for the input.. i'll definately have to add that stuff.

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

2 questions:

1. are you sure your box likes the media you're using? they're real picky when it comes to which disc's it will read. there was a thread somewhere about which media worked best with each drive.. try a search with "philips media" or whatever drive you have.. see what type other people are having success with. personally my old philips liked verbatim dvd-r's.

2. is this your first time setting this up or are you already up and running? if you're already got it working you can get a program called FlashX.. this program flashes any x2 chip with a simple push of a few buttons. hell i recommend getting it anyway. super easy to have an assortment of different bios files to choose from. i had a few set up for different fan speeds, logo colors, etc..

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

yeah, you need to ftp the program over to your xbox.

then you need to put your created bios files into either c:\bios, e:\bios, or f:\bios

Timbooo

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

ok, where can i get this FlashX? its not the same as FlashXP is it? because i use flashXP to put files on my xbox(sry ima newbie)  all my files are located in drive F so is it still alrioght to put the bios in that drive?(F)

Timbooo

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timbooo @ Jan 5 2005, 02:17 PM)
are you saying just to put the bios on the box through flashxp? just like i do my music videos pics ect.? if so, what folder or file path do i put  the bios in?

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »

you need to create the c:\bios folder with your ftp program, then load it with all the bios files you want.

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

lol.. don't sweat it. i'm happy to share any know-how i've got. figured i'd return the favor to the scene.

as to the problem at hand.. you're getting this error message in FlashX? or are you doing this thru flashbios.. to clarify, flashbios is the blue screen you get at load up, and FlashX is an app you have to run on the box once it's loaded a dash.

b8827

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

I have modded many xboxes in my day, but have not seen this. I have tried everything first i made a 512kb bios for a 1.6 and left the original cromwell on bank 2. It worked fine but didnt load any applications. So i found this tread and made a bin file with cromwell on the first half then m8_16.bin on the other half (512kb). That didnt work so i tried making a complete 1mb bios to cover the whole chip. I figured that would work but after a reboot and evox loaded i still could not run any xbe's.

Is there a new bios i dont know about besides m8_16.bin?

P.S. I know that i have a 1.6 not 1.6b
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4