xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Capable?  (Read 53 times)

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« on: December 05, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

I have an Xecuter 2 Lite....Hopefully getting Xbox Live this Christmas Season, Anyone know if I'm able to get on live without being banned and how?

Thanks a ton for the help!

-Xar beerchug.gif

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

That sounds pretty harsh...Does that work? How do I manage that?

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

As of a week or so ago..My Xbox when the modchip is turned on, and the little light is a brilliant Blue on the modchip, It boots in EvoX...When its turned off and rebooted it goes to the MS Dash....Is this good?

Slrpgeit

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

don't bullshit the guy.. no one is certain how MS is checking for modded xboxes, don't start taking off your chip, it won't do you any good.

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

laugh.gif Might fork out some moola later to get a second one,...

But if my light is turned off and I boot to the MS dash.. Does that mean that they cant detect me?

Sorry Im asking a lot, I just dont want to Fuc this up  laugh.gif

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »

A close friend told me that when the mod chip is off your undetectable...So I guess that might be it lol....??????? pop.gif

AgentEB

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (Professor.Ham.Slap @ Dec 5 2004, 03:54 PM)
Don't listen to any of this crap about rebuilding your hard drive and removing your chip. I've been on Live for over a month now with dashboards on C, emulator saves on E and several programs on E. Haven't been banned and it doesn't look like I ever will be.

he's right. changing parts and stuff i reckon won't prevent you from getting banned. if you aren't banned already since the release date of halo 2, then your okay. i'm still playing on live with my xecuter 2.3

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

Im getting Xbox Live for Christmas....And have an X2Lite right now...

Will I be able to go online Christmas day and play some games, or will I be banned in an instant...

I can turn my mod chip on and off and boot to the MSDash, or EvoX, by using this...

Will this be good enough!?

(God I want to play H2 online...)

JaggedChild04

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

there isnt a definet answer to how ms is banning. ive heard many different reasons. most non farfetched reasons point to a reban or old boxes and issuing new ones for other various reasons

the only way to garuntee not to get banned is on a stock virgin box

if your looking for more info on the banning stuff check out the exploit forum, angerwound has a thread on there about it

trentdadi

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »

Yeah, second xboxs kick ass!  To add to that though, on my older modded xbox with 2.3b lite, I was never banned from live and used it for about 6 months.  All I did was turn chip off and it was fine.  Also, with the newer x2 bios, live is disabled totally so even if you did want to connect to live, it wouldnt let you.

Even if you do get banned, you wll be able to get on with another xbox, just make sure to cancel your live account and make a new gamer tag.  That way, you will even get 2 more months free if you have your certificate that came with Halo 2.  1 even came in the xbox bundle that included NCAA2k5 and Top Spin.

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

I dunno, From my sources (TechTV) I hear that the new patch scans your HDD for "Improper" Software, then bans you

XarThoS

• Archived User
Live Capable?
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

tongue.gif

How do I get on Xbox Live with an X2Lite, and not get banned...I can turn it off etc.....PLEASE HELP!

Ill goto church, see if Jesus can help me hack! That'd be cool..