xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2.6 Lite Install Problems  (Read 106 times)

jefferson

• Archived User
2.6 Lite Install Problems
« on: December 02, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

I'm having the same prob with my 2.6 and Xaptor

Any suggestions? I'm getting a bit worried now - have I fried it?!

Thanks

ccommcomm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

99% chance you didn't fry anything don't worry.  

when you disable your mod chip and boot up what happens???  do you get sent to the XBOX customer support screen if so what is the number in the top right hand of the screen?  

I imagine you need to get a good bios and flash that onto your mod chip.  the best version to use is the evox M8 16 (v1.6)

Wizzo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

i've got the same problem .. checked and recheacked solder points .. pin header install. When i turn the chip off it boots ok .. but don't get the customer support number mentioned.

jefferson

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

i just soldered the xaptor in and beep tested all the connections with a multimeter so i'm pretty sure that side of things is OK.

If i turn the chip off i still get FRAG sad.gif

Does it make any difference - my HDD and DVD are still UNPLUGGED?
I dont get any lights on the modchip (X2.6) - is this normal?

Another question - what hapens if the connections to the switch are a bit cr@p - will that cause FRAG

uhh.gif  mad.gif

Jeff  grr.gif

<VERY worried now.>

ccommcomm

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

yes you should have lights on your mod chip did you install the switch to it also.  I would check your power connection. also make sure that your sodders are not touching any other points.

emehrkay

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

i have no idea which bios im using, the one that came with teh chip. how would i go about flashin it even though i cant get the thing to work?

the only way that the xbox will boot up is if i disconnect the cord holder from teh mod chip, the set time app shows up. but while the chip is in, on or off, nothing goes to the screen.

man i cant wait to get home!!!!!

thepurpledino

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

Let's take a step back here please..

You need to provide us with a little more information:

1 - What Version is your Xbox??

This is VERY important to know as it will effect how you need to install your chip. Also, it will effect which bios version is needed. This includes the version of Flashbios that is on the chip when you get it from the dealer!!

2- What type of install did you perform, Header or Wires?

3 -What Version is your Xbox?? (oh wait.. I asked that already... BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!)

FYI... The little "wafer" and addition RED wire are needed if you are installing this chip on a v1.6 or v1.6b Xbox. The Wafer is called the LPC rebuild PCB. All this little baby does is enable you to rebuild the LPC without having to use Wires.

the little RED wire is used to provide the Chip with an alternate power source. The old source (LPC Pin#6) is now "hot" all the time. So, even if you turn off your Xbox, the chip would remain on. In order to install this chip on a v1.6 model, you need to remove Pin #6 from the pin header.

Anyway.. I've babbled on enough.. let us know what your dealing with, and we'll try to help you out the best we can!

DrisDro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

yea ya gotta have lights, even when the box frags if u installed the pin header correctly the chip should come on and off with the box, i just installed one last night and when i went to power it on it fragged and the chip didnt light up, so i knew for a fact when i went to look at the pin header that some of them weren't gonna be attached still, so i pushed on the pin header and the loose ones moved and i just tidied those ones up with some extra solder and it worked 2nd time.

And in the 1st post to this thread that pink wafer board thing i'm assuming u mean the 1.6 lpc rebuild, if u have a version 1.6 then ur def gonna need to use it wink.gif

Wizzo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

going to reflash it. don't know the bios cause a mate did it.
cheers mate

thepurpledino

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

no... actually.. a V1.4 xbox  should work fine.. No worries about Flashbios versions.

What happens when you disable the chip from the switch again??

emehrkay

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

nothing, if i were to remove the wires from the actual chip, it would boot up regular askign for me to set the time

thepurpledino

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

yikes... maybe you have a bad switch?

emehrkay

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »

ok people i got it working, it was a bad soder job.

man i love this thing, i put slayer's evox 2.6 on there. that thing comes with everything, even emulators.