xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Buying Xecutor3. Steps To Take.  (Read 38 times)

PhatheadWRX

• Archived User
Buying Xecutor3. Steps To Take.
« on: November 14, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

1) Find out what version Xbox you have
2) Read the install information on Team Xecuter's site
3) Read this install guide
4) Get your chip
5) Install (I would say pinheader EVEN if you have a 1.0)
5a) Put a small piece of tape over the Alt 5V pin, if not a 1.6 install
6) I would try and boot the Xbox even before you put it all back together (just incase of frag)
6a) If frag check/double check/triple check you solder job
7) Turn the thing on and hopefully go to Flashbios screen
8) Get the newest bios from "the usual places" (X3 1959)
9) Make sure the Flash Protect Switch on the Chip is NOT on
10) Turn your switches on your X3 panel to On, On, Off, Off, Off
11) Type http://<Xbox IP> and load your flash (can also use disk or FTP)
12) See if X3 bios boots
13) Setup new HD/FTP apps from PC
14) Setup your dash (not UnleashX)
15) Play your new modded Xbox

b0x0r

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

Here you should find all you need to know :  http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/

I have a v1.6 xbox and a Xecuter 3 modchip, but haven't dared to install it yet because I am little worried that I'll screw up my xbox with the soldering work.

any tips or hints on that ?  I know that some flux might easy the job also

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

If you havent soldered b/f you may want to practice on something that can be gobbed up and riuned..i.e. an old phone or an old PC or something.  It is not difficult, but can be tricky at times...xbox modding should not be your first experience with soldering...practice will yield better results (usually).

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (stonyc @ Nov 16 2004, 08:38 PM)
And to answer your question 4, I believe all you need to do to run Xbox Live safely is to boot up your Xbox with the chip disabled (long-press of the power key).

Assuming you dont change/modify your hard drive in any way.

Computertrendy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

Can someone please answer the xbox life question and then I'll shut up?

Will xbox live care if I have X3 and evox on my system?

ray023

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

Yeah.  This is great.  I'm getting a new xbox in a few weeks and want that X3 chip.  I have the solderless one and--although it works great--NO ONE IS TO TOUCH MY XBOX!  

If you breathe on it wrong, it's FRAG city and I'm back to unscrewing things, lifting the chip and putting it back in.

8itgreat

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »

i will try and answer your questions computertrendy

the front panel has 5 switches...on is to the right...off is to left

so 1 and 2 is on

3, 4, 5 is off

you will be able to flash it with a 1mb  bios (1024 kb)

there are numberous ways to  flash your  chip  with the x3....probably best to read up on creating a boot bios.bin cd...and flash from cd option .....if you can figure out how  to ftp to your computer then have your 1024 kb bios there and  flash that way....you cant fuck it up cause the x3 has a backup...no worries

when people talk of pin header install , its one of two ways of installing the chip....some like me always use wire harness...others pin header ...if you use  the pin header , then all you need in terms  of wires is the grey, red , green wires to solder and plug into chip...if pin header install the chip sits on pin header itself....side of case placement is for wire install

you  can also  fit your wires  through an empty lpc hole if not filled ( version 1.0 xbox) its like a shortcut...

xbox live is a bit funny right  now...old days you could just turn the  chip off (disable) and you were good....remember  you can only play retail games on live...

seems like if you dont go on live till you get your large hard drive put in  your probably alright....seems like m$ checks the eeprom ....so if  you  have used your  xbox originally on live , then put a new hd in your banned, cause they dont match from before....well its the way i have been reading it....i dont use live...use xlink kai for free....it works with games that have system link.....not as busy ...but  free and you can use backups

hope i have cleared a few things up...i would only do a pin header install if you have a 1.6 xbox...find the wires so much easier....im sure lots of people  will disagree with me...even xecuter wants you to install pin header way...arghhhh i would if wire install keeps failing...but never has happened so wires its is

Dinh

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (PhatheadWRX @ Nov 15 2004, 06:53 AM)
5a) Put a small piece of tape over the Alt 5V pin, if not a 1.6 install

So you mean i have put a piece of tape if i have a 15-below?Lol i ever knew about that

Btw, Try slayers if you want a quick dashboard install laugh.gif

thepurpledino

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

So If I put in my 40gig HD, and then use LIVE and continue to use the 40gig then I'll be okay? And I guess I need to turn the chip off?

NO... The whole banning thing is really up in the air right now... we are not 100% sure yet how M$ is doing it..

But.. from the looks of it... If the Xbox you are modding has EVER been on live, then you can't replace the harddrive without being banned. As 8itgreat explained so well, M$ takes note of your EEPROM and HD serial number when you sign in. If either of those don't match the next time you log in, your banned. So.. the question is, Do you use LIVE with the Xbox now, or ever?

Also.. another q - Why bother with a 40gig?? GO LARGE baby!!!

Computertrendy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

I really need answers to this or I'm gonna go nuts.

1. What precautions should I take with X3+evox? DO I need to install evox on some other partition than C: and E:?

2. I've heard that I need to turn my chip OFF if I don't want to get banned. How can I boot to the default dashboard/bios if my chip is off and cant tell that im holding the power button down long?

3.Does Halo 2 check for mods offline?

4. What do I need to know to be safe? Please...

I need detailed responses so I can just relax and stop bothering you guys.

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

14) Setup your dash (not UnleashX)

Out of curiosty, why not UnleashX?

Nevermind, answered my own question. Guess i'll use XSelect to load UnleashX until this bug is fixed. smile.gif