xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Problem With X2.6 + Xapter Install On V1.0 (frag)  (Read 130 times)

Jynsta

• Archived User
Problem With X2.6 + Xapter Install On V1.0 (frag)
« on: October 03, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

I tried installing this thing all day yesterday but to no avail. I have previously installed 2.3Lite+ chips fine but this is my first time with a 2.6 + xapter.

The system works fine with chip disabled, it boots right into MS dash. But when enabled, the system restarts twice then FRAGs, no video. The light on the chip and switch are on correctly so I assumed I had a good connection. I've tried multiple times to reseat/reposition the xapter but it's the same result everytime-FRAG.

Is there some sort of trick to installing with the xapter?

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

lol... as far as i know, the xapter works with the 2.6s... but i have no clue about the x3s... try reflashing your bios using a programmer or hotswap

Jynsta

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (trentdadi @ Oct 3 2004, 11:50 PM)
I dont know too much about the xapters but I dont think they are compatible with the 2.6s or the x3s for that matter.  But since the lights are coming on your chip correctly, I am probably wrong.

It might be possible that your chip didnt come pre-flashed.  Try using a programmer to put your bios on it.  Make sure the xapter is fitting flush on the mobo.  There should be no room between it and the mobo and when you put the wire into the d0 point, that it "clicked" in.  Are you using the brass fittings or no?

2.6 and xapter are suppose to be compatible, I was sold them as a pair from system-mods.

The xapter is flush against the board and I hear the click.  By brass fittings I assume you mean those tiny little sleeve-like things? I couldn't find any documentation on them at team executer but I did finally find a forum post that said they go in the LPC holes on the motherboard? On my v1.0 there are no holes (they are filled in) they can go into so I'm not using them.

mbratton

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

your chip is installed correctly and working, you dont need the brass rivets that trentdadi was talking about.  try using a different bank.  the fact that it works with the chip disabled means that teh d0 is probaly okay, so that bank may be corrupt.  just flash it with a programmer

Jynsta

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have or know anyone with a programmer. Guess this thing is going back to system-mods.  sad.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

Your chip is not aligned properly, its as simple as that.  I highly doubt its faulty.  Solder it in.

Jynsta

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »

So what's the trick to aligning a xapter? Has anyone gotten a v1.0 and 2.6+xapter to work? The LPC holes are filled in so I wonder if that's a problem.

If soldering is the only answer I'm returing this POS xapter. Easy my ass.  grr.gif

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

the xapter is easy as shit to install - FAR easier than the 2.3 lite+ was

every chip is tested in an xbox at the factory - i doubt very much that the banks are not flashed

also the xapter is testd in a test rig - ill have to take some pics later so you can see how they are tested

you call it a POS - I call it your install technique sorry - follow this trouble shooting guide

http://www.teamxecuter.com/xapter/

http://www.baldbounc...ages/zapfit.jpg

Galvatron

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

I just bought a 2.6 and the xapter and I have a 1.0 box. I could not get the lights on, so I am going to try and solder. I don't think there is a problem with the chip yet or the xapter.

Because the points were filled with solder, the xaptor wouldn't sit flush against the Mobo no matter how hard I tried to push and screw the xapter down. I also didn't use the brass pins that were in the seporate bag.  The only real reason I bought the xapter was becasue of the D0. I really didn't want to solder it but I have no choice now.

BTW X-ecuter thanks for your guide. I think it would have worked great if I had a diffrent model xbox.

psiko_17

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

Would removing the solder in the LPCs on a 1.0 mess up the xbox?  I do have some soldering ability.  It is just my friend wanted a solderless chip install instead of solder.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Use the alt d0, its huge compared to the top one.  Removing the lpc solder is fine, esp if you wanna put a pin header in.

Jynsta

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Oct 7 2004, 03:03 PM)
the xapter is easy as shit to install - FAR easier than the 2.3 lite+ was

every chip is tested in an xbox at the factory - i doubt very much that the banks are not flashed

also the xapter is testd in a test rig - ill have to take some pics later so you can see how they are tested

you call it a POS - I call it your install technique sorry - follow this trouble shooting guide

http://www.teamxecuter.com/xapter/

http://www.baldbounc...ages/zapfit.jpg

Easy as shit? I beg to differ. I've did some searching and quite a few other people have the same problem I am with the xapter and v1.0. This is not isolated.  

I've installed alot of 2.3 Lite+ chips before and never ran into a problem like this. There's only so many ways the xapter can press into the board.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

Exactly! Jynsta
It's damn near impossible to get the xapter to fit perfectly, touching all of the lpc holes that are soldered shut, when they aren't even all flush!

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

then explain why all our installers have no problems at all with any version of xbox (except v1.6 of course)

it fits perfectly - there are no issues - i dont know what else to tell you.

Take it to someone who has done them before and get them to do it for you. Or better still get it soldered.

X-ecuter

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jynsta @ Oct 8 2004, 06:06 PM)
Easy as shit? I beg to differ. I've did some searching and quite a few other people have the same problem I am with the xapter and v1.0. This is not isolated. 

I've installed alot of 2.3 Lite+ chips before and never ran into a problem like this. There's only so many ways the xapter can press into the board.

of course its not isolatd. what kind of installer would by a no solder solution in the first place ?

think about it.

id so love to prove you wrong by having your box in front of me and fitting it working within 30 seconds - but of course that cant happen. it works. my installers say it works. and 99% of my users say it works.

thats the end of it really.

If i had all of you saying it didnt work that would be something else. becuase YOU cant fit it dos not mean its faulty - cant you just accept that ?

take your mod to someone who can do the job. im really sorry i cant help you further.
Pages: [1] 2