xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xecuter 2.6  (Read 233 times)

X-ecuter

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« on: September 22, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

whats the point in this poll ?

you wont get ANY problems with x2.6 if you install it correctly - it works great

true there is not a lot of difference between 2.3 and 2.6 - except the old x2.3 design is simply brought upto date to be compatible with everything - along with better pcb design, additional hdd and lan leds, easy upgrade to x3 design, new switch, additional 1.6 support and better disabled function - and its THE SAME PRICE as X2.3 was. Basically we've given you more for no extra at all.

as you can see not a real point to this poll smile.gif

arnaro

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

Thats exacly what happened to me , done over 300 mods, probably over 150 with 2.3b lite.  Now comes this chip and all off a sudden I have a box thats not working and bunch of other problems.  The only difference ??? 2.6.  that I didnt even order but still im stuck with 40+ 2.6 .  since that stupid, stupid, stupid 2.2 (or was it 2.1) with the USB plug im sceptical to new designs and would have ordered Xenium instead of 2.6 had I known beforehand.

If it aint broken WHY oh WHY "fix" it ?????????

maxpower2001

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Sep 22 2004, 04:20 PM)
and its THE SAME PRICE as X2.3 was. Basically we've given you more for no extra at all.

NOT the same price.  2.6 is more expensive then 2.3b lite.

X-ecuter

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »

2.6 works perfectly fine. its the SAME as 2.3B so im kinda laughing that youre saying its all different - all we did was change pcb shape and added a 5v line for 1.6 - i have a guy whos fitted a couple of hundred this week - kissing my ass for more cus every single one worked perfect and with the new flashbios v3 made it a snap

and it is the same price as 2.3B was - dont forget most people dumped the price of 2.3b when we released this version - so you cant compare to current deals.

i see a handful of you saying it doesnt work. trust me if it didnt there would be thousands and thousands of posts wink.gif

X-ecuter

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (arnaro @ Sep 22 2004, 09:19 PM)
Thats exacly what happened to me , done over 300 mods, probably over 150 with 2.3b lite.  Now comes this chip and all off a sudden I have a box thats not working and bunch of other problems.  The only difference ??? 2.6.  that I didnt even order but still im stuck with 40+ 2.6 .  since that stupid, stupid, stupid 2.2 (or was it 2.1) with the USB plug im sceptical to new designs and would have ordered Xenium instead of 2.6 had I known beforehand.

If it aint broken WHY oh WHY "fix" it ?????????

why dont you tell us the install details first? cant help you with a post like this kinda means nothing to me or anyone else.

what board did you install it to

what bios did you flash

how did you flash

did you install the lan and hdd wires correctly

did you use alternative 5v if using a 1.6

did you use pin header or wires

the mod is identical in technology to the 2.3 - so your thinking on the fact that its different is absolutley incorrect smile.gif

evoxfan

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

I agree with you X-ecuter, the chip works perfectly fine when installed right.  No problems here.  wink.gif

mR 54

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

Hi,

Sorry, I know it only says to post if youve used both chips but...

Im a complete noob to all of this and I bought a 2.6 and installed it First time with no Frag or nothin, works great. I bought a dvd re-writer and my batch of dvd's arrived yesterday and I backed up 1 of my games and no issues at all.

Only gripe I have is that the ON/OFF swicth is reversed, so on is off and off is on, but what the hell cause I dont use Xbox live so no need to turn it off.

My 0.02c.

mR 54  blink.gif

Masterfix

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

jester.gif Yeah the LED Switch is backwards on mine too.  I have sodered x2.3 and x2.6 and have had no problems.  I like the activity lights as well as the regular HDD LAN and chip lights.  If you dont soder those wires for the HDD and LAN lights dont bother getting this chip.  I actually do the wire install for v1.2-1.5 anyway.  I never liked the pin header install.  There are diagrams for installing this chip out on the forum cause even I fould them and I am a 2 year noobie.   jester.gif

Dasgooch

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

I have installed a few X2.3lites and installed my first (of hopefully many more) X2.6's two days ago.  The only difficulty I have had with this chip have been because of the damn 1.6 xbox and EVOX M8 bios (it may have been first with xcaliber support but it sucks).  Once I figured out I need to remove pin 6 it was extremely easy from that point on.  Don't bash it because you can't get it to work correctly because a lot of other people can.  Team Xecuter awesome job on this chip and can't wait to get my X3 installed.

Dasgooch

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »

Um... user error

WireX

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

I wish it were, except, the header as well as all the other points work completely and totally. I've tested the box with my own 2.3, and everything works entirely... I really am confused now, as I bridged the trace with some wire, and it works fine.

Dasgooch

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

That is extremely odd.  I would see if the vendor you purchased from will do a return for you.

zhk

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

laugh.gif

I did upgrade but pretty much just for fun, besides im awaiting the X3 so I would have had to change stuff anyways, and now im ready just to pop it in when it comes beerchug.gif

evoxfan

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

they will but have been busy with the X3.

aaron1017

• Archived User
Xecuter 2.6
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

No problems with my 2.6 Chips. Love them for the 1.6 Xbox's! Xecuter just needs to updates and make some new/better install diagrams for all their products.

As for that one burnt up chip... there is bound to me one messed up chip in the thousands that ship out, its just basic statistics. Out of the many 2.3B Lite's I've installed, one burnt up on me for some reason, but I was able to repair the trace.
Pages: [1] 2 3