xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bank 1 Bank 2 Question When Flashing  (Read 42 times)

BatmanMN_M

• Archived User
Bank 1 Bank 2 Question When Flashing
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

i just installed my modchip and followed these instructions http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios.htm which were very helpfull, only thing is at the end, it says to switch over to bank 2, now to be very carefull, i wanted to verify do need to do the same as i did with bank1? or did they just say to switch banks to make sure everythings working?  

CrakkedOut

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

well i think that tutorial was written using a 512k bios.....so that wud mean you wud have switch to bank 2 to see if the bios was flashed correctly, which i think make it read a 512k bios......

This post has been edited by CrakkedOut: May 9 2004, 09:17 PM

BatmanMN_M

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

so should i put in the bios that i put on bank 1 and put that on bank 2 also? or should i just restart back with bank 1 and begin to install evoX?
i can mention evoX right? from what i understand you can talk about it, just not talk about sharing it

OpusDei

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

if you followed the tutorial step by step you wouldnt need to ask any questions whatsoever ;)

doeman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

I did my first mod yesterday using an xecuter 2.3B lite and i have no idea if this is what is going wrong with my install. Here's the scoop:

Intalled everything using the teamxecuter tut and flashed the 512k (4983) bios to bank 1 on a (ver 1.0) xbox.

Booted the xbox and showed thexecuter 2 logo under xbox log and went into the MS dashboard.

My problem is that when i add evox, ava or whatever other dashboard to the C: partion...the system freezes on the xbox logo.

Evoxdash.xbe is located in my F: partion also and it doesn't boot it at all.

My question is, should i have made another 512k flash of the same bios on bank 2? to make it a total 1mb?

Does that make a diff? anyone have any suggestions.