xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stuck On A X2.3bpro Install  (Read 108 times)

stinkytwinky

• Archived User
Stuck On A X2.3bpro Install
« on: March 28, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

must be a bad chip, i would suggest not buying from that place anymore.

cueball13

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Hmm, just redid all the lpc points, and I'm still having a problem. I know that the d0 is good because it works fine with the chip off. I'm stumped.

noomski

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

Are you getting the blue lights on the chip?

noomski

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

Well if the lights are all on then the chip has power and all thats left is the flash. It makes no difference whether the chip has cromwell on it or not since it is an x2 pro the external parallel adapter provides a direct link to the chip. (infact u don't even need the dvd rom or hdd in to do it) - all the chip needs is power (which the blue lights indicate. Use the latest bios manager which i believe is v2.1 and this will tell you before you flash if the chip is detected - so if the lights are on you will clearly have the 'x2pro is found' message and flash away. lastly, as i'm sure you know, just chuck in a slayers auto dic or put everything on piece by piece.

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

Hey I connected my 2.3b pro to this laptop and I used that 2.1 bios manager but it says no modchip detected? Im pretty shure the lpc port is connected right. The modchip is fine but I couldnt get the evox flashing cd to work so I wanted to try the lpc port. The modchip is all connected right, any help suggested? The cable im using is kinda cheap though I got it at the 99cents store while I was looking for random crap to waste money on lol. Its made by logitech though, I might have damaged that silver wire thing that connects the port to the modchip somehow? I don't think I did and its all connecte right with the blue sides facing the right way so I don't know?

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

Im gonna try getting a new cable I Guess at bestbuy a quality one haha. But did this work for you? Do you just transfer the bios over with the bio manager and your done? If so this should be awesome.

para[android]

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

I would suggest plugging your laptop directly to the chip port.  no need to get another cable....

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

What do you mean?

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

Alright thanks im gonna try that, good luck with your chip, or call up system-mods and ask if it might be another bad chip, I just got mine from there and they say on there site they just got a new batch in and mines fine (ill see if it flashes but so far it looks fine).

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

Crap! Still didn't work, I reconnected everything and made shure everything was all connected right but still no detection. This was direct connected, with bios updater 2.1. I think maybe I got a faulty lpt board or that ribbon cable I think it's called that connects them?

mcw

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (p8ntbller @ Mar 29 2004, 07:57 PM)
Crap! Still didn't work, I reconnected everything and made shure everything was all connected right but still no detection. This was direct connected, with bios updater 2.1. I think maybe I got a faulty lpt board or that ribbon cable I think it's called that connects them?

That's a possibility (the bad LPT adapter)... Although that shouldn't be the case any more (it was supposed to have been resolved quite some time ago).

If your direct connection failed, then something definitely is not correct.

Question: does your Xbox boot normally when you DISABLE (not remove) the chip? And frags when you ENABLE the chip? That would mean you do have correct contact, but bad/no bios on the modchip... Or, it could be a bad chip.

It's definitely a tough call, both of you got them from system-mods, and both aren't working as expected.... Check if any others are having similar problems - maybe visit Team Xecuter's forums?

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

Nah this is a new guy, Im gonna resolder my d0 point but everything else is connected alright. I sent an email to system-mods asking if maybe I could get a new lpt port or ribbon cable or something.

p8ntbller

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

God damn it refuses to read the evo-x flashing cd too! I have made 10 different cd's following the tut's exactly using sony and memorex cd-rw's and it still doesn't read. Im getting sick of this shit I think my mod chip is just screwed up.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

just a quick question... are the lights supposed to come on if it isnt correctly grounded? i have had no end of problems grounding 2.3 pros... not the 2.3b as i havent tried but the others about 17 bitches...

crazytib

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

guys, i bought my 2.3bpro from gameshopusa and i'm having the same problem as cueball and p8ntbller. i think there is definitely something wrong with the chip itself.
Pages: [1] 2