xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With 2.3lite Plz  (Read 33 times)

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
Need Help With 2.3lite Plz
« on: March 15, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

You need a bios that doesn't have the eject fix. such as evoxm7 not evoxm7ef.
The eject fix causes the xbox not to reset when the dvd tray opens. Just beware that if you get a non eject-fix bios it can get very annoying when trying to do certain tasks that require you to open the dvd tray and having your xbox always reset.

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

Well what bios do you have right now?

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

ahh ok on the evox dash go to system utils, and go to settings and scroll down the list till you see bios. there it should tell you.

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

the kernal version says 1.4980.06 that means you have the x2 4981.06 bios. This bios allows you to reset to the dashboard in the middle of a game by pressing the following buttons

Start/Back/Left Trigger/Right Trigger.

Hold those in unison and it will activate IGR or in game reset and take you back to your dash

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

ohh yeah, forgot you were playing from a disc. hmm, the only thing I can think of is change your bios to evox m7 without the eject fix. or just tough it out and take the disc out, then use in game reset or push the button. huh.gif

RastazZz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

I tried the In Game Reset as you told, but no use... When the game is still in the drive, it resets to the first intro movie. When I eject the game, as usual my xbox hangs or gives me the message "disc may be dirty or damaged"...

Only thing left for me to try, is to flash my BIOS with evoxm7, but I don't have the slightest clue how to do that...

gr33tzZz

RastazZz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

I found the "evoxm7.bin" file on the net... This seems to be the EvolutionX Build 3935. Could you please tell me how to flash my BIOS and if there is anything else I need to do to fix my problem.

tnx in advance

Ra$tazZz

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

evox build 3935 is a dashboard. but evoxm7.bin is a bios. ok first off the bios needs to be 512k not 256k. To do this you will need xbtool, which can be downloaded on the xbox-scene mainpage under the tools link. after it is converted to 512k you will need to have a way to ftp to your xbox. ftp to the xbox and copy the evoxm7.bin  to the folder named bios on the C: drive of your xbox. then reboot your xbox and on the evox dash go to system utils. and go to flash bios, there it will tell show the bios displayed. then you will select it and follow the onscreen directions.

RastazZz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »

Tnx, it worked just fine. But I didn't need to set the size to 512K, the size of the bin-file was 256K and it flashed just fine.

Tnx a lot for your advice

Lugnut

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

Just a side note about xbox hanging when ejecting,  If you are playing a game and you go to the pause menu first, Then eject the game and after that do IGR you should be fine, if the xbox at any time tries to read the dvd while its ejected, the box will hang and give dirty disk error.