xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why Go With The Pro?  (Read 138 times)

Orgness

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

laugh.gif  dude what you gotta do on that screen is make a bios cd and insert it then do evox  laugh.gif

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

it said "please insert cd - flashing mode" on bootup with the mod enabled and it wouldnt let me do anything beyond that point unless i disabled the mod. I couldnt put evox on it because of this. Or could i have and just not known that i could have done so? i mean it came up fine so i know that i didnt break the D0 trace, it just didnt allow me to do anything with it.

Notice I said they came with bios.  Not hack M$ code.  Thats what you have to do.  You should realy read this before jumping into it.  Go to http://www.teamxecuter.com and read all the tutorials there not to mention the ones on XBox-Scene.  If you want some links 2nd and 3rd in my signature.

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

Thats because you cant use old bios on a new 1.4 XBox.  If you have the pro you will have to use the LPT progrmmer or buy one for the Lite.

shane_is_my_name

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (ComputerDude5565 @ Mar 7 2004, 06:08 AM)
I notice there have been a few post saying I get a frag but chip is in and all lights are on.  I flashed with Cromwell but the bios were bad.  I didnt get bios (Cromwell) on my chip.  I cant get Cromwell to flash my chip.  And so on and so forth.  Well for anyone who is going to be getting a chip soon think about this first.  You will notice this all happens on the Lite and Lite +.  That is because with the pro it comes with the LPT.  Now I have done a few X-Box's.  My first one was with the 2.2 Pro and man I am glad I got the pro.  I got the ship poped it in and turnd it on.  Well to my suprise there were no bios on it (Cromwell).  O I was so glad to look over and see the LPT programmer sitting there ready to be used.  It was well worth that extra $10 to get that pro rather then having to spend $20 on the lite/+ programmer and having to wait.  Yes that LPT programmer that came wiht the pro hasnt been used scence then but I was glad to have it.

so if i get a x2.3b lite will i need to program it to do stuff like media player and thigns ither than playing backups. also it programing hard?

dantok

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

Okay, Let me make it simple. Pros can come flashed with cromwell or Blank. Lites are 100% gurantted flashed with cromwell. So those who have pros dun be alarmed. Just Plug the chip to your system with the xbox switched on. Make sure the chip switch is in disabled. Once that is done. Your good to go. Lites. Programming is rather simple. Just get a DVD-R or CD-RW no CD-R's some drives dun read them. Dump a bin file. Make sure the file is 1 MB and the File name is in CAPS. Like BIOS.BIN not bios.bin. If you do that it will NOT work. So don't bother and dump some dummy files inside the make the disc easily read. And your done. Don't need an iso builder just your trusty nero will do.

OpusDei

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

First of all all the xecuter mods come with cromwell flashed. I have fitted tons of 2.3 Pro and they all had cromwell.

Secondly the advice is about manually naming bios.bin in capitals is bad. If you set all the nero settings correctly then the filesnames on the disc automatically capitalize. if they do not then you did not set up the settings correctly (how that is possible i have no idea as the instructions are for kids)

http://www.teamxecut...om/cromwell.htm

Personally i prefer to use the x2.3 Lite rather than the pro. I only use 1 bios (always the latest - with cromwell as the backup). If the flash is ever messed up i hot swap with a cheapmod and flash visa Xecuter's Flash X. Very simple and does everything I need.

dantok

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

Lites are good for noobs. But PRos are the safer way. NOT ALL PRO's ARE WITH CROMWELL. Geez. I work with a modcompany i know these chips. Geez.

OpusDei

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (dantok @ May 12 2004, 02:22 PM)
Lites are good for noobs. But PRos are the safer way. NOT ALL PRO's ARE WITH CROMWELL. Geez. I work with a modcompany i know these chips. Geez.

All the x2 mods are flashed - now do you want to know why ?

Cus the flash roms are sent to one factory to be mass programmed. They are then sent in bulk to the PCB factory for assembly - regardless if they are lite, lite+ or pro.

Straight from Xecuter's lips this one - so stand corrected bubba wink.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

Secondly the advice is about manually naming bios.bin in capitals is bad

Actually that is good advice cos if you don't use nero or you ain't got the settings right it will still be in capitals so its foolproof.

dantok

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

hmm. but not renaming. and if it isn't in caps. The whoel thing won't work. Esp when ur not using nero. Also. Usualy Cromwell is. Sometime there isn't.

EmTea

• Archived User
Why Go With The Pro?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

from one n00b to another, check your cables. I had the same problem with my 2.3b, all lights on but FRAG. One day i noticed i had the cabe to the switch panels going to where the wire instal goes. Stupid me.
Pages: 1 [2]