xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-ecuter 2.3b Lite Or Pro  (Read 45 times)

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
X-ecuter 2.3b Lite Or Pro
« on: February 08, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

Hi all, I got a X-Ecuter 2.3B PRO for a friend. It worked perfectly, however I could never get the LPT Port to work.

Now I have to buy a chip for myself. I'm more inclined to get the X-Ecuter 2.3B LITE with the programmer since it is the same chip without the LPT port. RIGHT!?

What do you'll recommend. Whats the real difference between the light and the pro.

Thank you soo much all.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

Hey thanks all. I think I'll go for the lite with the programmer, just as a backup. One of the main reasons for this decision is that I don't prefer the LPT Port coming out of the xbox from behind!

SxualVnilla

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

Pro is the best.  Lite does the same, just cheaper.  Minus Programmer, of course

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (SxualVnilla @ Feb 9 2004, 12:08 AM)
Pro is the best.  Lite does the same, just cheaper.  Minus Programmer, of course

Hmmmm...

It is my theory that at least 80% of those that have a Pro have it simply because of the name and they "think" it's better...

I mean really... so you can flash it one bank at a time, big deal.  You can do that on a Lite also... just ppl don't talk about FalshX very much for some reason.  It's easier for me to FTP over a BIOS and run FlashX that it is to whip out the printer cable, plug it it, fire up the program... etc...

I've had a X2.2 Lite for over 8 months... I've got a 2.3b Pro sitting here I'm thinking about installing, but I really dont see a need other than to learn more about the product and put it through some use...

Just my opinions...

Prophetz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

I agree, the lite is just as good as the pro! But if you do alot of flashing the programer makes it worth the extra $$$$$. Normaly you just need to flash it once then you are done for life!!!! You make the call, but if you are going to be just a everyday user go for the lite!!!!

duudfromnorway

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

I mean really... so you can flash it one bank at a time, big deal. You can do that on a Lite also... just ppl don't talk about FalshX very much for some reason. It's easier for me to FTP over a BIOS and run FlashX that it is to whip out the printer cable, plug it it, fire up the program... etc...

YES, INDEED!

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

I'm still inclined towards the Lite with the programmer. Don't fancy the Printer cable hanging around.

duudfromnorway

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

I'm looking to mod my Xbox for the first time. With X3 looming around the corner, would it be best to wait for it... or just go ahead with the X2.3b.

go ahead, get it done with the 2.3b. It`s just more flashing space you would miss with a 2.3b and flashing options.           Why drive around in a buss when you can spend your time in a luxurys car laugh.gif

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

You are so right to buy the Pro, however I have purchased the Pro with the programmer. I know the LPT port will work, however I just wanted to be sure of what I got. Besides its only 15 bucks and these things go out of stock quiet often.

So finally I got the 2.3b pro with the programmer. Since the lites are not in stock and I read somewhere that larger bioses of greater than 256 k sometimes causes more issues. Therefore I prefer the pro in which I could use the raw 256 k bios instead of converting it to 512 k or even 1 Meg.

Besides the printer cable costs $10 approx anyways! Not too much of a price difference.

Thanks guys !!

PS: Also to the guy who's waiting for the xecuter 3's chip. It might be a good option to wait, but trust me. I had the matrix on my old xbox and am now getting the 2.3b pro. However as everyday user, I have never seen the need to get anything more than the 256 k matrix. Therefore the 2.3b xecuter should defiantly suffice for your gaming needs!