xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Frag's When Rebooting  (Read 71 times)

mikki1981

• Archived User
Xbox Frag's When Rebooting
« on: February 06, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

howdy,

ive got a problem with my xbox. when i turn my xbox on everything works just fine. when i want to change the dvd and reboot the system the xbox reboots 2 times and then frags.
when i 30 min. later turn the xbox on everything works fine again....?!!

what is the problem (temperature??), when i disable the chip i can boot the m$-dash..

greetings, mike

mikki1981

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

i installed the chip with the pin header. At first it boots up just fine (evox) when i want to reboot the xbox it reboots 3 times and then flashes green and red. I have had it with two different xbox's and i dubbelchecked all the soldering point and i found no faults there.

can it be that the pin header is overheating and ground with the case or that the pin header gets another problem with overheating?

it also happens that games freeze, even when i let the xbox on the evox dashboard for a while (say 20 min.) and then insert a game it freezes at the loading frame. dry.gif

Dj1nn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

I have almost the same problem, but mine won't even boot the first time when the chip is enabled

Lindelium18

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

Yes, I have this same problem.  Has anyone seen this that knws what is causing and and can fix it?  I would really like a solution to this!

chuddy117

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

I may as well join in as I have the same prob with my 2.2pro.  I'm seriously considering buying another chip to see if it is indeed the chip.  Except, mine will do the reboot thing 2 times then actually start up.  And my mod chip works whether the switch is on or off....weird!

Savejonas

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one. I just installed the 2.3 executer LT and I get the 3 boot attempts and a frag. I would be grateful if anyones got an expanation.

f.u.

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

for the three times frag, try opening up the xbox ase and gently apply a little pressure on to (only a little is needed if the lights are ok).  I found when mine did that, the screw was not tight enough.  Becareful not to ruin the thread for the screw though.

Savejonas

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

In my case, the "reboot three times and FRAG" problem turned out to be due to BIOS 4981. Tried successively older versions of BIOS and could get 4979.67 to work.

I would like to try to install an older BIOS but how can I do that if I can't get the Xbox on with the chip enabled?

Savejonas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

I guess I have to buy the chip reprogrammer, but I still wish there was another way.

Savejonas

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

the screw is tight, the green led is on, but still the same problem

Savejonas

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

Reprogramed chip and all works fine

mikki1981

• Archived User