xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-ecuter2.3b Pro Install Problems  (Read 75 times)

Xboxman20

• Archived User
X-ecuter2.3b Pro Install Problems
« on: January 14, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

sad.gif
You should have all the shit I say you emailt he guy you bought it from and message him about that.

Xboxman20

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

everyone says system-mods is the best lMAO which they arent. People say oh yea go with system mods  blah lah blah the damn people cant even ship you the entire modchip package.........

Also it could be solder splash somewhere or it could be a broken trace?
Also the lpt cable might be the problem im not sure maybe someone who has the chip can help I have a xecuter 2.2 lite since i didnt have the money for a pro nor im saving u for a xecuter  chip

DirtDigler

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

pop.gif

Redonapc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

tongue.gif I made my nvidia chip POP and turn borwn on top

metradyne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

Im having torouble with my 2.3B Pro... or maybe it's my BIOS, not 100% sure.

I followed the walkthough for my install, provided by system-mods.com. It does everything that the walkthrough says a correctly installed chip will do, but I can't get my EvoX BIOS to install.

When I boot my box with the chip on I get a black screen, orange LED, then green, then a quick flash of red.... disc try then ejects.

Someone enlighten me as to what's wrong?

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

im having the same problem, to fix it, i think you need to reflash the chip using lpt programmer, either the chip is damaged or it just has a bad flash, if you dont have the lpt programmer, i suggest getting it from your supplier, or just buying one. if there is an alternative to using the programmer, please tell me because im having the same problem to.

Citam

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (metradyne @ Jan 15 2004, 08:54 PM)
When I boot my box with the chip on I get a black screen, orange LED, then green, then a quick flash of red.... disc try then ejects.

Someone enlighten me as to what's wrong?

Thats what is supposed to happen, burn a cd-rw with your bios file of choice, it must be called bios.bin, some people say you need a 100meg+ dummy file to take up space on the disc so the xbox can read the disc others have reproted you dont need one.

Stick the disc in, close the tray, wait for the xbox to shutdown, you have now flashed your bios.  make sure dip switch 4 is on and the rest are off on your xbox or else it will not flash, also make sure the bios file is 1meg in size, and i think you need 4979 or newer if you have a v1.4 or v1.5 xbox.

ssjdave80

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

bump

mattbeme

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

would soldering a wire from the alt d0 to the real d0 trace fix the problem if i destroyed the d0?

hackme

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

laugh.gif Dude are you sure you know what version box you have? In 1 post you said you have a 1.4 and then later you said you have a 1.5....which is it?