xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2.3 Lite + Problems  (Read 255 times)

floydphish04

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

amen.  im getting a little shitty now

Fink

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »

flamethrower.gif Mod chips not working grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

zorro18

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »

seems that problems wif this chip is common on the V1.0 & 1.5 boxes.
Mine is a v1.3 and am seriously thinking of getting a 2.3+
Shld i go for it?????

Hass

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »

I've got EXACTLY the same problem as the original poster. Xecuter 2.3 lite, cromwell bios 2.7, v1.0 xbox.

Jump starts 3 times then FRAGS reg/green. Boots prefectly with the mod disabled. I've checked my connections again and again and again. I've done quite a few mods so far but i'm just starting to think the 2.3 lite isn't compatible with the v1.0 box.

What the hell is going on?

Zlashx

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »

Update, today we were informed by the Factory that original 2.3 had a flaw on the 2.3 pro and the plus thus halted production and corrected problem. The first batch of 2.3B will not be ready till Friday December 19th at this time they will be shipped to us for delivery on December 22 or 23rd which means if you have Fedex delivery you will receive the chip before Christmas.

We will be the first website in the world to have stock of the 2.3B we will have more details on this in days to come. I am sure many are angry about the delay, however you would have been much more angry if we would have shipped the 2.3 flawed chips and you had to deal with returning them.

00NBMCamaro

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »

tongue.gif

00NBMCamaro

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

soki

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »

I got a X2.3Lite+ from gameshopusa.com (not a X.23BLite+, I have no idea what those are) and it works fine in a v1.0 Xbox...

KingViper

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »

Ok, I dont personally have an X2.3lite + but i have heard some things that may help you.  For everyone without a version 1.0 xbox.  Fill the LPC holes, which are the little emtpy holes that the modchip connects to, with solder.  Supposedly that helps, and if your chip always boots to the m$ dash, then make sure your D0 point is working.  If you have a V1.0 xbox, heat the solder in the lpc points and maybe add more solder.  If this doesn't help, you probably ahve a bad flash, or a bad chip as some people have been saying.  Good Luck Everyone

KingViper

qyv

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (cabshield @ Dec 18 2003, 01:46 AM)
taken from a website so i cant take credit for the info may help though

The washer goes on the hole first, then the chip and then you use the screw supplied, make sure the chip is lined up correctly, this can take some time,  If the chip is correctly aligned the 2 blue LEDs should be on (LED1 & LED3) LED4 the yellow one should not be on,

wait if I am reading this correctly then either I'm screwed up or all other documentation is wrong...

if the 2.3lite+ chip is installed correctly I should see two blue LEDs... and NOT SEE THE YELLOW/GREEN ONE?
all the other documentation I'm seeing says that a correctly installed modchip I should see THREE lights, TWO blue and the ONE yellow/green

I've turned the xbox on countless times with just the 2 blue LED's lit up and it always just says "MS" when it boots (unlike my other xbox which says xectuer) or does the "3 boots then dies" thing.

how can I tell if I possibly got one of these "bad" or unflashed modchips that people are complaining about?
sometimes in fooling around as soon as the xbox powers on I see a cromwell bios thing asking me to insert a disk to flash...

qyv

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

smile.gif

also, what should the the Bank1 / Bank2 jumper be set to on the external controller card?  My other jumper is obviously set to PROTECT right now...

how can I tell if I have one of these "unflashed" or faulty chips? I know I've seen a "cromwell.. insert disk to flash" screen before but I am not getting it now...

matt2342

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

if you have seen the cromwell screen then the chip isnt faulty.

Mine did the same and i found out that i just had to use all of the ground wires mine came with. I dont know why but using 3 ground wires cleared it up for me. you might as well try to because it is really easy and it might work.

qyv

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (matt2342 @ Dec 21 2003, 07:53 PM)
if you have seen the cromwell screen then the chip isnt faulty.

Mine did the same and i found out that i just had to use all of the ground wires mine came with. I dont know why but using 3 ground wires cleared it up for me. you might as well try to because it is really easy and it might work.

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM

The X-Ecuter 2.3lite+ (solderless) modchip must be set up the following way:

a USB tap must be installed at the Xbox Controller 1/2 connector and plugged in to power the modchip.

the EXTERNAL plug adapter must be attached

HOW TO TELL IF THE MODCHIP IS CORRECTLY INSTALLED:
- If the Modchip is ENABLED with the external switch and getting power, you will see TWO BLUE LEDs, and the light on the external switch will be GREEN

- If the Modchip is DISABLED with the external switch, you will see THREE LEDs - two blue, one green, and the light on the external switch will be RED

once you've verified the modchip is seated properly using the LED test, leave the xbox open but re-attach the DVD and hard drives. Make sure your EXTERNAL SWITCH settings are: ENABLED, UNPROTECTED, BANK 2 (not Bank 1) at this point, FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL LINKED JUST BELOW to create a disc you will flash the second bank of your bios with
http://lookformeb.bm....com/tutorials/

seriously.. follow this tutorial just as it is written and I was completely up and running within an hour.
you'll have to download some apps and bios files, flash bank 2 of the bios, switch back to PROTECTED and BANK 1, then reboot and install EvolutionX as dashboard, etc. but that's all step-by-step in the tutorial

Pages: 1 [2]