xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2.3 Lite + Problems  (Read 256 times)

Sy-

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« on: December 16, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »

Check your solder points... D0 is probably ok but one of your lpc's may have missed.. follow the tut here:
http://www.xbox-scen...es/lpc-diag.php
~Sy

GreenPixel

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

I'm getting the same exact thing on a 1.0.  Grr.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

soe

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

same problem with a 1.5..

only one blue light on the chip, and on the external board a green light.

any ideas?

the 1.1/1.3 switch is set downward

00NBMCamaro

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

to the top..id really like to use this chip in my x box... come on people please..

cool.gif

stephe69

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

Same problem here with a xbox v1.5.  I'm waiting for a programmer i ordered.  I believe the mod chip was not delivered loaded with cromwell bios.  Everybody says it's an alignment, grounding, or defective chip...but i've checked all those, except of course the defective chip. I got mine from www.consolefactory.com as a replacement for a backordered XBIT.  If programming the x2.3+ works, i'll post solution.  Unless anyone else can tell me why i can boot with card disabled and frag when card enabled?

floydphish04

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

I am having the same problem on my 1.0 xbox witha 2.3 lite +.  starting to lose hope.  has anyone been able to fix this problem?

cabshield

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

have you taken feeds from usb. i am sure the 2.3 lite takes the feeds from there even though ver 1.0 motherboards have power at the lpc point

Motab

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 03:44:00 PM »

I'm having problems with my 1.0 too... I get 2 blue lights, plus the green light on the switch board, but then it doesn't boot to linux or anything, just the normal xbox splash, then saying it requires service (no HD plugged in)... Any ideas?

cabshield

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 03:46:00 PM »

taken from a website so i cant take credit for the info may help though

Xbox boards have a varied amount of coating on them, some make a seal over the points you need to make contact with, a Fiberglass pen can clean the surface ready for the install, you can find them Here Product code 514-868.
The washer goes on the hole first, then the chip and then you use the screw supplied, make sure the chip is lined up correctly, this can take some time,  If the chip is correctly aligned the 2 blue LEDs should be on (LED1 & LED3) LED4 the yellow one should not be on,

cabshield

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

motab, if your modchip has taken the non m/s bios and boots to the m/s screen with the lights you say are on then your D0 point is not  good.

the D0 point is where the system picks up the bios from, it  boots from the modchips bios first, if that is not found it will boot from the m/s bios

the switch on the modchip when put to disable interupts the signal from the D0 and boots the m/s bios.

fix the D0

Motab

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 04:04:00 PM »

OK, that could be. It's kind of hard to tell how/if they're lining up. What am I supposed to see if everything works? Right now it does the little glowing green orb to the Xbox screen, then goes into loading the M$ Dash. Do I still see the glowing green orb / xbox screen before the linux screen? How long does it take to load the linux screen?

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Wyndle

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Motab

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

How big of a BIOS did you put in your 2.3+? I tried using a 256K bios, and sticking in the 512K slot, and now everything is completely fucked....

Fink

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »

grr.gif

Fink

• Archived User
2.3 Lite + Problems
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

Why is this happening to everybody......almost everybody......who has a v 1.0 xbox. They are compatible. All of us can install the chip and have the green light come on, most of us can get Cromwell to come up. Therefore it rules out the d0 point. I have beem reading topic after topic after topic of this happening to v 1.0 Xboxes. Nothing has been answered. People say to look at the tutorials. I have looked at just about every tutorial on this site and many others. With nothing to show for but aggravation. Would the v 1.0 people have to get a 2.2 chip instead of the 2.3? To fix this problem. At this point i will do anything to get it working.
Pages: [1] 2