xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Excuter 2.3 Lite Blue Led / Fragging After Install  (Read 59 times)

hotloogie

• Archived User
Excuter 2.3 Lite Blue Led / Fragging After Install
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

Now I'm confused.. lol 4977 won't work with 2.3 chips? Or 4977 won't work with 1.4/1.4 boxes?

txboox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

billxbs,

I just had the exact same problem with my box, down to the number of restarts before red/green.  Everything I heave read suggests that this is a connection issue, so I would go with the previous recommendations and check that if nothing else works, but also check the time settings in MS Dash.  

Rather than immediately open my box when mine started fragging, I checked this and corrected it and reconnected the ethernet cable, which I had removed last night, and everything went back to working fine.  It's probably a coincidence and the real fix was that I bumped a connection back into place when moving the box around to hook up the cable, but I have also heard that incorrect time settings can cause issues.  It may be worth a check prior to opening everything up.

ps.  regarding your question about what the second blue light means on the chip, I don't remember exactly, but I think it says in the install guide for the lite plus at http://www.system-mo...i-bin/pd/kb.cgi

Good luck

Kev1315

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

I had the exact same problem on Saturday with an Executor Lite 2.3, everything was fine until I flashed the banks when prompted by the Cromwell BIOS.

All my soldering is fine, I think I just used a bad BIOS.BIN I downloaded from the web.  I think the only solution is now using an external programmer to reset the Mod.

Did the Cromwell BIOS boot for you and pop open the DVD drive?  What BIOS did you use to program the Mod banks?

I am interested to see if we have made the same mistake along the way.

Kev

billxbs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

Mine does not sound quite the same, the xbox goes into RED/GREEN flashing mode before a update BIOS disk gets anywhere near it.

I am hopefully going to put the chip in an already modded xbox tomorrow.
Hopefully this will tell me if it is chip or installation/xbox.

Cheers

banshee2003

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

Kev1315, I just did a v1.5 and I flashed the chip with 4977, a good 256k file that I turned into a 1mb bios that I had used on previous chips, and I get the power on and off 3 times and then it just sits with yellow and green.  

Have you got an external programmer to reset the chip?  I would be curious to see how that works.  Its a pain that the v1.5 doesn't give you a screen to look at when first powering up the chip.

fudpucker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

I am having the same problem. I thought you didn't need to flash the 2.3's, they already have Cromwell flashed onto them?
Anyways, has anyone figured out what to do? :

TalinTheLost

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (fudpucker @ Dec 16 2003, 12:42 AM)
I thought you didn't need to flash the 2.3's, they already have Cromwell flashed onto them?

cromwell is only there to help you flash a new BIOS onto the chip - not to run the chip.

The original problem would sound like its an install problem...not BIOS (since it doesnt even get to that part)...yet i'm no expert..just my 2 cents worth smile.gif

TalinTheLost

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (banshee2003 @ Dec 15 2003, 11:40 PM)
I just did a v1.5 and I flashed the chip with 4977, a good 256k file that I turned into a 1mb bios that I had used on previous chips, and I get the power on and off 3 times and then it just sits with yellow and green.

is 4977 compatible with the X2.3?

*has no clue..just takes a wild stab in the dark*  blink.gif

Strud1512

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

is 4977 compatible with the X2.3?

No, it is not.
You must use either X2-4979 or EvoX-M7 with 1.4/1.5 consoles.

billxbs

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

Does anybody know what the Blue LEDs on the 2.3 Lite indicate ?
Only one is ON, the nearest two the back of the xbox.

Kev1315

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 11:19:00 PM »

I guess my problem was a bad or wrong BIOS for the X2.3 Lite.  The Cromwell BIOS did its thing perfectly, I was just in to much of a rush to get going with my modified XBOX so I flashed it with a BIOS from the web, I have absolutly no idea what the BIOS was or if it was compatabile.

Sending my Mod of today so someone can use and external programmer on it and fix my mess.

XOR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 12:12:00 AM »

Tripple check your GROUND guys...

I assure you it's that, or your D0 connection, but most probably the GROUND

Hey_Deez

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 03:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (XOR @ Dec 16 2003, 10:12 AM)
Tripple check your GROUND guys...

I assure you it's that, or your D0 connection, but most probably the GROUND

Where do you ground the chip on the Executor 2.3 +?  I followed the instructions, and it didnt say anything about grounding it....

whippet

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

hi does a version 1.1 use a 1meg bios and a version 1.4 use a 256k can  someone please shed some lite on that, by the way im using an executer 2.3 lite in both of them