xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X2.3 Lite Flashbios Problem  (Read 146 times)

lookformeb

• Archived User
X2.3 Lite Flashbios Problem
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2003, 09:07:00 AM »

thats most likely it.  not to sounds cocky but i've yet find someone who can't flash their chip using my tutorial if they do it step by step.  what type of media are you using?  i think i saw you have a thompson... Memorex 650mb 4x's ALWAYS work for a thompson (and all other drives).

pat908756

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »

I got it from system-mods. I've been using a sony DVD+RW. (also tried plain old dvd-r)

I ordered a new chip, I'll post what happens when I try to flash that one...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Miwa @ Dec 7 2003, 12:32 PM)
Would be nice if someone could point me to a url that lists what errors the cromwell gives, and why.

Umm, there are only like 4 different effors... all either relate to poorly burned media or incorrect switch settings

pat908756

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »

This is an X2.3 Lite that I've been having problems with.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »

Something tells me you never bothered to use the tutorial someone suggested before that I made... look at it.  It's in my signature.  The brand of media and way you burn it are vital...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

Sry..

Bad chip?

TattooedBear

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (wizard17 @ Dec 7 2003, 02:24 PM)
It is most certainly your Thompson DVD Drive.  I'm almost positive.  I had the same problem.  Luckily I know people who own a pawn shop, and they let me switch drives with a Phillips.  It worked perfectly!!!  But I suggest you flash it through LPT.

I'm having the same damned trouble. Having 3 xbox's, and modding a new one for a friend, I changed out <temporarily> the Thompson drive for a Samsung drive. Still have the same error.
Dummy file, CDRW's of all kinds I've tried, using Stomp Record now with UDF to 128 in settings, making sure the unprotect is switched proper.
Not working.
I bought 2 X2.3 lites and the first one flashed without a hitch. The 2nd, getting this HALT error, Unknown bios. Used the same disk for the 2nd one as I did the first one. Worked once on first chip, error on 2nd.
The flashbios comes up and everything. *shrug*

This is crap. What a bummer.

TattooedBear

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (LOtown @ Dec 8 2003, 08:14 PM)
Flip you Flash Protection Switch the other way... I kept getting that same error when I tried to flash my 2.2Pro...The "On" label means you are able to flash, while "Off" means flashing is disabled...

Just give it a try...I was about to throw my XBox against the wall before I figured this out...

Having the 2.3 and in the UNPROTECT position. That means you can flash it.
I didn't have it in the wrong way.
Even for *sh|ts* and giggles I switched it to the protect mode. Heh.

Nothing is working.

pdigi29

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »

OMFG, me and my friend are havin the same exact problem, im about to slam my friends xbox. im starting to think he has a bad chip, some of u may have a bad one too.

mindspenk

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

I am having a bit of a different problem that I feel like a moron for having to admit.  I was able to flash my X2.3 Lite through cromwell, but after my Xbox Shut off, when I turn it on it frags.
I flashed it with a 1mg X2_4878.bin, and I am not sure how to get it to a 1 mg bios!  Which way do I flip the switch, is there another switch I am missing......?

thanks

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »

dry.gif

mindspenk

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

Lookformeb, I know you aren't talking to me!  I have read damn near every thread in almost every relevant room.  I asked a simple question that I think I already know the answer to.  If you don't know the answer then why not just post a simple "I don't know", or just don't post.  Quit wasting our time with your snide ass remarks!  
BTW I figured out my own mistake.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (mindspenk @ Dec 23 2003, 10:41 PM)
Lookformeb, I know you aren't talking to me!  I have read damn near every thread in almost every relevant room.  I asked a simple question that I think I already know the answer to.  If you don't know the answer then why not just post a simple "I don't know", or just don't post.  Quit wasting our time with your snide ass remarks!  
BTW I figured out my own mistake.

And if I was ttalking to you???

Fact remains, the issues here could be resolved by following guides presented or taking advice given.  As long as you are ignoring suggestions, I will dish out the "snide ass remarks"...

Glad you figured out your own mistake...

atpalmer

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2003, 01:45:00 AM »

I am having the same problem. i am trying to flash a 2.3 lite on a 1.4 MB that already has a 2.2 pro installed (hotswap).

First of all the 2.3 lite won't boot up into cromwell or whatever was supposed to be pre-flashed( bought it from <banned site>.com) It is not an installation problem because my 2.2pro boots fine.

so the only way to flash it is through evox or slayers. Ive tried 256k a 1 MB bios (4979.06, M7, M7-ef) write protect on and off banks one and two. i

It always says Flash not writeable.

Any ideas? I think I have a bad chip.

p.s. Lookformeb, your tutorial suggest using the 4977 bios which won't work for 1.4's and up. And your tutorial also assumes you have cromwell flashbios. So add me to your list of people "who can't flash their chip using my tutorial"

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (atpalmer @ Dec 25 2003, 05:45 AM)
p.s. Lookformeb, your tutorial suggest using the 4977 bios which won't work for 1.4's and up. And your tutorial also assumes you have cromwell flashbios. So add me to your list of people "who can't flash their chip using my tutorial"

I'm gointg to change that now.  I didn't realize I hadn't updated the BIOS version yet...

As for assuming you have Cromwell... well, considering the title is "Guide to flashing your new X2.2 or X2.3 with FlashBIOS and Installing EvolutionX" then you are correct.  I also assume you have a X2.x... which comes WITH FlashBIOS.
Pages: 1 [2]