xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Successful Hot- Swap On 2.3 Lite !  (Read 47 times)

Gamologist

• Archived User
Successful Hot- Swap On 2.3 Lite !
« on: December 04, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

See this thread for help.. http://www.worldxbox...?threadid=18582
..............It works like a dream
Hope this helps.
Thanx to ffrr for posting******************************************************************* In case link does not work... *************************************************
ok, I couldn't wait any longer, I tried it and it works!

here's what I did;

*this worked for me, don't try this unless you know what you are doing or are prepared to accept the consequences if it goes wrong*

I fitted the usb adaptor and screwed the red 3 wire apaptor to the mb with my existing grey/d0 wire, I left the two black wires in the usb mod and left the red 3 wire end that goes into the mb plug unplugged.

turned the xbox on with my x2 lite and waited for the dash to load, removed the on/off jumper from the chip, then the grey/d0 wire, then the chip itself. (pretty much as a normal hotflash).

I then plugged in the red 3 wire end of the usb mod into the mb connector, then plugged the other end of the red 3 wire mod to the chip to get power, then plugged the grey/d0 wire in, and finally the chip itself onto the header pins.

NOTE as in a normal hotflash leave the switch in the OFF position until it's plugged in! Switch to either bank 1 or 2 and also leave the chip unprotected.

I then went to the update bios screen in the dash and flashed successfully with the m7 bios.