xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Is The Matter With The Frags?  (Read 128 times)

tortio

• Archived User
What Is The Matter With The Frags?
« on: October 18, 2003, 06:19:00 AM »

I am in the same boat.  I've reflashed my chip, took it out on two different occasions and tried to re-seat it, but to no avail.

The strange thing is that it was working flawlessly since August, when I installed my chip.  Then it was intermitent, it would only frag every so often.  Now, I can't get my xbox to boot at all with my chip enabled.  

There was another topic where someone tried to solder their x2.2 lit + (pogo pins) to the lpc and d0, but it still was fraggiung.

I am thinking about trying another chip.  I don't know of any other solution.

Thanks.

Charlemagne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

unless you messed up your chip when you took it out of the package (maybe you scratched it or a trace wire got pulled out?)  it is one of those three problems.

it took me awhile to troubleshoot it, but in the end i realized that it wasn't the chip that was faulty...it was just me
biggrin.gif

Lokus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

Mine fragged and I tried everything. Eventually I figured the chip was bad so I sent it back and got a new one. This one works although I am having trouble flashing a new bios heh.

armageddon2k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 01:12:00 AM »

Well this is my second chip already, so I figured it can't be the chip.

pwashing76

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 10:06:00 PM »

I am having the same problem.  I have X2.2 Lite +.  I installed it on September 11.  It was working fine until October 18.  I was playing a game.  I turned it off for about a half hour to watch tv.  Then when I turned it back on it did 3 reboots and then the eject button flashed green and orange.  When I disabled the chip it booted to the MS dashboard and made me reset date and time.  I'm just glad it still works with the chip disabled because I just got Nba Live 2004 and I would be pissed if I couldn't play it.

s0n-

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »

alot of the times i would get frags on install is with the wire install, sometimes those wire harnesses can get messed up and frey on the lpc, this is the most important thing you should check for, make sure that they have proper room and are seated into the solder right, any stress or freying could cause a frag

greffel

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »

The alternative d0 point under the board makes wonders, I had problems like you have and had it solderd on the back side instead. I have modded 2 more boxes after that and we did not even bother with the d0 on the top and whent straight for the d0 on the bottom. It's really easy to solder there to.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »

first of all this is a support forum. So of course the posts you see are for problems. Its probably less than 0.1% of the mods user base.

Now almost EVERYONE with problems will be getting FRAG. For those who dont know - it means FLASHING RED AND GREEN (your power LED)

This means either your mod is not installed correctly or the bios is bad. Very very rarely the mod is faulty - the factory says 90% of returns work fine and are tested within seconds. Of course some mods to become faulty due to a dry joint or whatnot - however you sshould exhaust all possibilities before returning as if its tested fine you may incurr costs to yourself from whoever you buy from.

This isnt hard guys - in fact those with problems will mostly be pogo pin users (they suck ass imho) or those who havent soldered correctly or even know how to prepare their flashbios disc

Here is the best way to easy street

get a solder mod - and fit the pin header
get someone to solder it for you who knows how to solder if you cant
get someone to create your flashbios disc for you if you cant
if you get frag your d0 is CORRECT ! - its one of your other points that needs fixing - when ppl post about d0 all the time when they get frag - guys its becuase your d0 is correct that your getting FRAG in the firt place

If you shit yourself over the d0 point - use the one underneath the motherboard. Its so easy !

This mod is over a year old now - every single angle has been covered to make sure you get it working. I can see how some of you can get confused as there is so much info on something that requires not much info at all - so ill make sure the new support site is ready this week giving you step by steps to get you going.

hertzsae

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 04:02:00 AM »

Ubergeek, if the d0 was soldered, but also making contact with one of the neighboring traces, could this also cause frag?  I fixed a bad install for someone who had exposed the copper on the traces neighboring d0 and it was fraging.  It looked like the d0 wire was also touching one of the traces.  I resoldered d0 with almost no solder, so it wouldn't touch those points and it worked after that.  I've seen it on 2 boxes so far, or at least that is what I thought it was and re-doing d0 fixed it.  No one is having the problem any more, I'm just asking because I'm curious and maybe to help people that are fraging because they use too much solder for d0.

Thanks

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »

my very best advice is to clean up the top d0 and solder a wire to the bottom one

in fact any boxes i work on i always use the bottom d0 as i remove / plug in mods many times on the same box - you can be sure of a completely solid connection

GamezMan

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

Ubergeek Hope to see that help site soon.

Having frag problems too, fitted many cheep mods with no-problems, but just did my 1st xecuter 2.2 lite and the sh**s fragging, points are soldered not pogo pins.

Does any 1 know where i can find a correct diagram for the D0 point on the back of the M-Board ??? i think it's a V1.3   serial is 30XXXXX 31XXXX.

I found a diagram on the net but its differant to the 1 i have.

cYon

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

blink.gif

CsHoSi

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

laugh.gif

TBS, if you really suspect the BIOS is bad try buying or building an external programmer for the X2 lite.  For the plus get yourself a printer cable.  That's the only way I program my chips.  If it doesn't recognize the chip and your doing it right then the LPC connection is highly likely to be faulty.  Check it out and repair it.  If after all this still no go, the chip could be bad.  Not very likely, but neither is a previously functioning and untouched BIOS going corrupt.

Don't give up.  Let someone else check your work if you can't get it after say three strikes.  Cheers beerchug.gif

lume

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 02:43:00 AM »

blink.gif arse... and I just thru the 2.0 in the bin..

I having the same problems  and I know how to solder!!
I had a post on here and a few good ideas... the only problem I soldered the pins and checked and checked now the bloody fcc cable has gone again with me takin it in and out and in!

.. one thing i noticed

when testing the pins ... i trace the circut but all the pins are linked ... so how can i trace them properly .. the board is fine... didt over solder ..  I argee that the mod must be earthing some how...

BUT WHY DOES IT FRAG WHEN THE MOD IS UNPLUGGED FROM THE BOARD BUT "D0" IS CONNECTED ???  and the chip is turned on...  when the chip is turned off it doenst!!

how can this be?? can some one explain??  surely its to do with d0.. as it just fragin the board...

also on a post some where I found someone had but another link on the underside of the board.. anyone else seen this or tried it... ?

the board worked fine saw the cromwell ... put a bad bios on it and its never worked after that!!!  boo hoo

so .. I have ordered another chip to make sure a 2.2 lite and now i am crappin it!! cos i rekon it will be the same!!!

blah blah blah blah ..LOL  and just think I have given up smoking.. dry.gif  DANGEROUS combo..

someone got a spare cig? ! laugh.gif

st.weiner

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »

uhh.gif

ive had my excecuter 2.2 pro runnin sweet for 1 week and now
my x box frags with chip enabled  sad.gif displaying
the wonderfull 16 error while disabled and going through frag
while enabled.
ive tried everything that xbox scene has to offer for a fix but still to no avail.
this happened after i copied knights of the old republic to my hdd, loaded it, then removed it from hdd using project x's
hdd loader.

i guess some things are learned the hard way eh?

i would worship the one who could solve this problem as a god publicly....... i really miss my modded xbox.
Pages: [1] 2