xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: v1.4 and v1.5 Latest  (Read 1310 times)

ThePump

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2003, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (ThePump @ Nov 28 2003, 03:13 PM)
I just want to confirm for all Australian PAL v1.4 Xbox consoles that the X2.2Lite works fine if flashed with the M7 Bios BEFORE installing the chip. Also they come with Samsung DVD Drive and Western Digital HDD.  biggrin.gif

I want to add some more info to this. I have worked on 2 other Australian PAL v1.4 Xbox's and they were both diff, 1 came with a Phillips DVD Drive and the other came with a Thompson. Also worked on one with a Samsung drive like I wrote in my previous post above. All these were from the new Bundles that are called "Beast Pack" and it seems like there is no v1.5 Xbox models going around Australia and if there is there very rare. All of them booted perfectly when flashed with the M7 Bios BEFORE installing the modchip.

xrightz

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

Well my AUS beast pack was a v1.4 and came with a phillps drive. The manufactures date was septermber of this year. Installed x2.2 chip and flashed with m7 and x2 4979 with no problem. Actually the only problem i have is that the evox screen looks slightly streched or off centered and i have tried everything to fix this and i mean everything but to no avial. I have spoken to other people with v1.4 and they don't seem to have the same problem. There is only one other guy i have found in the forums with the same problem and he has no idea what could be causing it.

You can check out the discussion on this problem here;
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=38&t=131066

Troed

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2003, 02:07:00 AM »

So far I've only seen one v1.5 in Sweden. v1.4 are plentiful, but more than a few manufactured as late as Sept/Oct are v1.3 (Connexant) even.

Interesting sidenote: About half of all "new" boxes (v1.4 with Thomson mostly) are VERY LOUD. It sounds almost like a manufacturing problem with regards to the fan. They're so noisy that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone wanting to use them to play movies ...

captainfuture

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2003, 07:30:00 AM »

Installed an Aladdin Advance on a brand new Xbox, which I suspect is a 1.4. It has a Focus chip and the Xbox can be booted with or without modchip. The reason I suspect it's a 1.4 is that we didn't need to wire the extra 2 wires which seem to be required for a 1.5.

Thing is the LED doesn't flash red-orange-green when activating the modchip (hold power button for 1 sec) which it should do (and does on a 1.3 I modded last week).

Some details. The box was manufactured 10/10/2003 and was bought in the Netherlands. It's part of the Limited/Special edition including Halo and Midtown Madness 3. The drive is a Samsung and has the same new metal plating on the front mentioned earlier in this thread.

JohnnyVegas

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (tester123 @ Nov 28 2003, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (wtaag @ Nov 25 2003, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (XanTium @ Nov 21 2003, 07:25 AM)
Here's the wire-adaptor diagram for xecuter2.2 L/P on v1.5
user posted image

X-ecuter2.2 needs both 5v and 3.3v, so those must be relinked to other points. New point 3 is 5v, point 6 is 3.3v
X-ecuter takes ground already from the screw ... so no change needed for the ground.
I could not test aboce diagram I made (no v1.5 here yet) ... but it should be working fine.

Note that there are few v1.5 yet ... most new xboxes are v1.4. Most v1.5 have been seen in asia ... not many  in EU or USA/CAN.

Has anyone confirmed this as working?

Yes, this has been confirmed for some time now.

I have been recently getting the 1.5's and all the diagramns int his section have no worked.

The X2.2 Pro will nott flash with normal wire instal.

Once using the diagram above it will then flash. I flash with M7 an there is still a frag on boot with chip ON.

Curiously, with the chip OFF the system boots as normal but occasionaly askes for the time to be set? Same as iff you leave it unpluged for hours.

This has happened twice now on 2 seperate 1.5(?) systems so this is leading me to belive this is somehow wrong or I am getting a new version system that no one has seen yet.

BTW I have installed 100's of chips on XBOX's and PS2's.

s_cube

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

johnny vegas:
I have run into this EXACT problem (well, at least so far exact ...)  though, the diagrams have never failed me.  Although when I should read 3.3V from the lpc I see closer to 2.3 but, ....

I have both a v1.5 and a v1.3 opened in front of me.   I flashed the x2.2 lite for the v1.5 w/ both the new x2 bios's (4979.06 and 4979.whatever).    My x2.2 in the v1.3 is M7 bios.   If I boot up the v1.5 w/ the x2 bios it frags.   when I put the same chip w/ the same 2 x2 bios's into the v1.3 it boots noo prob.

then i can take the m7 flashed chip and install it into the v1.5 and sure enough it acts weird, flashing greeen led and then asks me for the time.  I didn't unplug it or anything either.   at first I thought I may have messed up the clock somehow fudging the points on the lpc...at least one other person is in the boat w/ me.      I try to be super careful always when hovering over these things, but $hit can happen ....

the only differences right now are (other than versions of xbox) the v1.3 has evox dash on it, the other is x-hour old retail.   I was having probs booting anything off the v1.5, even the m7 bios at first.   Then finally I let it run its course and the msdash clock came up w/ everything reset.   I set it and reset.   Nothing happened, just sat there.   So I reboot again.   Booted up exactly as it is supposed to.   Hmmmm, I wonder if I leave it be a while if the clock will reset again?    I'm curious if it has to do w/ the changing of the chips....

Could the LBA48 thing be messing up because I have the retail drive in still?   I may try just putting a single x2 4979 bios on there and see how that goes.  I'm tired of looking at it though, probably just put M7 on....

s_cube
EDIT::
update.   assumptions are going to be the end of me.   I just measured for the lpc power and its there.  I've got a v1.4 then.   does this change anything really?   less wires to run...thats it though, correct?   I guess our problems aren't as similar.  
-   Anyone w/ suggestions?

Rocky388

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2003, 06:27:00 PM »

ok this thread is too long to read, and i just have one easy question

if its already been answered in this thread..sorry

I have an xbox v1.5 and just ordered an X-BIT...the little bit i did read of this thread, it seems like i need an older xbox to flash the BIOS for my new chip. Is this true? Or can i just flash the BIOS like i normally would?

HeetMyser

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »

I guess I have a similar question.  I've been reading this thread, and I have a 2.3 Lite and what I believe is a 1.5 XBox (mfg 39th week of 2003 in China, etc., stuck a circuit tester between grnd and LPC2 and got no reading from it).  So how many freakin' wires am I going to have to install to get this bad boy working?  I was planning on using the header pins install for the 2.3Lite...can I just then flash it with something like Xecuter2.4979_REPACK?  Or do I need to include that additional wire, too?

HeetMyser

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2003, 03:00:00 AM »

Hey, great!  More shit to buy.  And here I was going with the Lite so I wouldn't have to screw around with the programmer.  Super.  And of course the external programmer system-mods is selling doesn't work with my chip:

http://shop.system-m...roduct.asp?3=95

Thanks for the reply.

Robertjones4

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rocky388 @ Dec 8 2003, 04:27 AM)
ok this thread is too long to read, and i just have one easy question

if its already been answered in this thread..sorry

I have an xbox v1.5 and just ordered an X-BIT...the little bit i did read of this thread, it seems like i need an older xbox to flash the BIOS for my new chip. Is this true? Or can i just flash the BIOS like i normally would?

You dont flash the x-bit chip with the xbox, it has a usb wire with it to connect the chip to a pc, you then flash it with the pc software found on there site, also your best posting in the x-bit forumn not this one

JohnnyVegas

• Archived User
v1.4 and v1.5 Latest
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2003, 07:33:00 PM »

My earlier post was incorrect.

It turns out I had a "FAKE" X2.2 pro from www.ModChipMan.com.

That's why it would not flash using the rear port and X2BM.

I hot flashed and it works great as it should. But you can not use the port to flash (The whole point in having a PRO chip BTW).

Complete BS. I have extra systems and chips around but I feel from the novice or normal user who has no access to this and gets screwed with these fakes.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]