xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mod Not Working - Green/red Flashing  (Read 229 times)

bob812

• Archived User
Mod Not Working - Green/red Flashing
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

grr.gif

gobblev

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »

Im having a fragging problem, too.  frag with chip on, boots fine into ms dash with the chip off.  Visually the lpc points look soldered correctly, I have resoldered them many times hoping to catch myself missing something.

I just realized something that may be a problem.  I soldered all 11 pins to the lpc points on the underside of the board.  I really dont think this should be an issue, since if those extra pins could cause the chip to not work, we would have been told to remove them before installing the headerpin cuz they'll probably end up touching the point just by being there.

Anyone know if this will cause an issue?

and a big thanks to McGeyser, your last post is full of very useful info.

armani

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

I figured out my problem!

I suggest everyone who has this problem to obtain another copy of your bios and re-flash your chip!  If this doesn't work, try flashing on a different OS.

I reflashed my chip at least a dozen times with my original bios to no avail...this same bios is in my other xbox and it works fine.  I flashed using my 98SE OS.

On a chance I downloaded the same bios again and flashed my chip....on my upgraded OS WIN XP voila...it worked!

BTW, I also reinstalled the bios manager!  Not sure if that had any effect.

Armani

flatworldgraphics

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

Mod chips have poor ground connections.  Solder another ground connection and add to another spot on the motherboard.  This will ensure you boot correctly every time and not get the 3 boot and  green/red Frag problem.  The 2.3 version especially is subject to this problem.

It is not a bios or software problem.  

I add 2 other wires for ground and connect them to other grounds on the xbox and it solves this problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3]