xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bad Flash, Green/red Led,  (Read 83 times)

paintball junkie

• Archived User
Bad Flash, Green/red Led,
« on: August 22, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

That exact same thing happened to me- or rather, IS happening to me. i have a V1.0 xbox, and flashed my x 2.2 lite with the x2_4977 BIOS, it read and shut down, then did the reboot 3x and FRAG. i checked my soldering, even resoldered DO twice more. assuming it was a bad flash, i bought a programmer. I got it about 2 hours ago, and just got done reflashing my BIOS, without any errors, went exactly as it should. BUT, when i put it back together with the modchip enabled, it will still boot 3x and FRAG! I am going crazy trying to figure this out. any help would be VERY VERY much welcomed!

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

This is not a problem with the chip or programmer, but a bad bios image more than likely. If you've got an external flasher, locate an x2 bios from another source and flash it again.

I had a guy tell me his chip and programmer was crap, and xecuter made faulty products. He had the exact same problem you two where having. I took the chip out his box, hotswap flashed it with my Xbox and what do you know.... she boot right up.

Just keep testing bios until you get a good flash.

overc00k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

you did some few steps wrong it think.. first if your on cromwell is 1.8 you need to update it.. i think the latest is 2.xx.. then you need to install xecuter bios then evox ... do not go straight from cromwell to evox smile.gif..

Note : im getting red/green also cuz i went straight to evox instead installing xecuter first :0

Another note : yes programmer sucks.. your lucky you got to reflash your modchip.. not like me or any other guy whos having the same problem as me smile.gif GG!! sync = #

DrunkPenguin

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »

YAAAA IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!  

so I should be able to reflash by connecting the X2.2 pro to my PC right?  but when I do the chip is not detected.  X2BM reports no X2 found.  

Anyone else having this problem?

I tried on 2 PCs running XP, with a new cable, and my interupt settings in XP match my PC bios.  

Johnny

Ranga

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem with no X2 found.

DrunkPenguin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »

hey ranga, are you using a parrallel cable?  i had the same error, then i attached the xbox directly to the back of my computer, and it had no problems.

johnny

paintball junkie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 02:14:00 PM »

okay people, i finally got my bios to work! yay! tester 123 was right, it was just a bad bios. to all of you having problems, i would recommend a hotswap, but if you dont have another modded xbox (Working, modded xbox) around anywere, get a programmer like i did. now i just have to install the dashboard laugh.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

Good to hear paintball junkie.  laugh.gif

shatta_deya

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (sowak_girl @ Aug 23 2003, 12:45 AM)
Just got my 2.2 lite today and installed it.  Got to cromwell and then inserted 4977 cd.  The flash took place and then the xbox shut down.  When I turned it back on......FRAG.  3x reboot and green/red led.  

THIS IS HAPPENING TO A LOT OF PEOPLE AND IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.  I HAVE ALSO BEEN READING THAT THE PROGRAMMER IS JUNK AND WILL NOT REMEDY THE PROBLEM!

sowak_girl

This happened to me and i tried everything!!!! here is the FIX.
ALL i did was rechecked my d0 and it was soldered properly, well so i thought, so instead all i did was just desolder it and then resolder it. AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  
hope that helps.

Forumposter

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »

Same problem here...

I hope I can fix that with the connection of the LPT Port to my PC.
Where do I get the non f*cked up Bios?

Update: I was able to establish a working connection so X2MB could read the chip and I was able to erase the bios.
Without the bios I have the same problems with 3x booting, then flashing LEDs.
I can't write the biosfile with X2BM because after 100% writing it says: "Verificaton failed at 00006C: Read
  • Expecting [7]

Any ideas?

ean05

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

im having the same problem as well. so let me get this straight, the only way to fix this problem is to flash the bios? but how do i do that if i cant get my xbox to stay on long enough more me to but the cd in to flash the bios. How do i flash it now? please help me!!!

Smoke dog

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (Forumposter @ Aug 24 2003, 05:14 AM)

I can't write the biosfile with X2BM because after 100% writing it says: "Verificaton failed at 00006C: Read
  • Expecting [7]

I had that problem using X2BM.  So I used x2cable and it worked like a charm biggrin.gif

sowak_girl

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 05:34:00 AM »

Ean05,

After installing your modchip did you get to the cromwell bios screen?

sowak_girl

stefcold

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

Verification error when using X2BM for flashing a X2 Pro thru the parallel port is a know bug/error, so if it write to 100% I would try to boot the Xbox.

Stef...

sowak_girl

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

Ean05,

You are in the same boat I am in now.  Now you have to get the programmer and flash your bios using the programmer or do a hot swap.  Both of these solutions have been discussed and can be found by using the search button, sticky threads, or tutorials.  BEWARE:  The programmer will more than likely cause headaches and more problems.

sowak_girl
Pages: [1] 2