xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread  (Read 746 times)

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2003, 01:00:00 AM »

probably not compatible due to more wires / pins being used

however im sure we can add some kind of adapter to utilize your current wire setup so you'd just plug it in and solder the extra few - good idea actually i'll make sure its looked at

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (psibob84 @ Oct 17 2003, 01:06 AM)
i'm keeping money aside cause i know the release will be announced as soon as i've spent the money lol
main thing i could think of that would be nice would be a virutal mem page file on the hd (or even the chip expansion) controlled seamlessly by the chip, that way you could just patch emu's to use larger roms and they wouldnt all have to have their own paging file functionality built into them

I'll look at this

barracuda

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2003, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ Oct 2 2003, 07:33 AM)
So will the x3 BIOS be released as a 256k without the embedded xbe, and a version with the embedded xbe?

He said in the 4979 post it will be 512KB...but I think they'll be forced to release a 256KB version anyway...or some other group will rise up and take control of the 256KB BIOS scene.

They'll lose a lot of "word of mouth" advertising if they don't because a lot of people still use TSOP flashed XBox's.  Since newer XBox's only have a 256KB TSOP,  users will have to use a non-X2/X3 BIOS.  That would mean less people saying Xecuter this, Xecuter that and less people buying the actual chip thinking its what they need just by hearing that word fly around.

...just a thought, but word of mouth advertising IS very powerful.

Potenza

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Troed @ Oct 13 2003, 01:51 PM)
(The ones of you who want pogopin-solutions, remember that Xbox v1.5 _must_ be soldered to for any LPC-solution to work)

Or maybe some more springs added to the chameleon solution?

That would be a pain to align cool.gif

fixedsys

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

zevdogs

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

somekind of cheat device for the x3 would be great,look at all the money gameshark and AR have made

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »

smile.gif

How about these... Digital Output (For mini disc like ps2) I know this is possible through the LPC

Also some BIOS features... include when you boot a game like, NBA Street Volume 2 it REQUIRES you to change eeprom video mode, otherwise it will say invalid region (very anoying) change it automatically for specified titles... from a file within a small chip like 4096 bytes storage big enough for information etc this could be like an ini file to store other information

A Possibility to include your own image instead of the big X at the boot up animation for the bios... and possibly replace the whole thing with a video from hdd or somthing?

BTW Add me to the BETA testers list pls tongue.gif would be glad to test it for ya smile.gif

speedracer

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

They have a patch out now so you can go above the 137gb limit, check out the bios section of the board (i think thats where i saw it) sorry bad memory and being on here all nite it kinda all runs together.

Oh and your right about the developers of this chip, ubergeek and others stop by and let everybody know whats going on and listen to us, thats the greatest thing to do when your selling a product,  hell thats why im gonna get one when it comes out.  I made mistake of getting the other x that just came out and i have nforce2 board. Not compatible along with a bunch of other ppl that bought the other x.  We dont get any tech support from dms and divineco. Just "oh, just send it back with a piece of paper included saying what you want done."

Sorry bout rant but i will stick with these guys until they quit because of the ungrateful ppl.

heinrich

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (XB0X_Mod @ Oct 17 2003, 12:25 PM)
BTW Add me to the BETA testers list pls tongue.gif would be glad to test it for ya smile.gif

hehe, I hear that.

eyric101

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

Is it at all possable to add memory cache through this chip?  I know i'm reaching but If someone could find a way to add a gig of memory..vmware here i come baby.  Before anyone throws some crazy flame at me..Take a peek at the cache they are about to add to the tivo :http://www.9thtee.net/tivocachecard.htm, connect standard sdram for some serious speed bost through an ide port!  Anyway bring it!!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »

A simple Compact Flash slot would be nice... as long as Emus could access the memory easily enough, they could be modified to use that and page stuff in and out from it (faster than HD or DVD access, at least)

blackout_19

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2003, 01:50:00 AM »

A simple Compact Flash slot would be nice... as long as Emus could access the memory easily enough, they could be modified to use that and page stuff in and out from it (faster than HD or DVD access, at least)

Sorry, but compact flash data rates are only about 2.5 MBytes/sec. which is slower than either HD or DVD.

The same is true for pretty much all flash memory.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2003, 03:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (blackout_19 @ Oct 18 2003, 05:50 AM)

Sorry, but compact flash data rates are only about 2.5 MBytes/sec. which is slower than either HD or DVD.

The same is true for pretty much all flash memory.

Ah well. CF isn't really needed anyway, but my thought was that it would be easy to add the interface.

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »

smile.gif maybe someone can code or use with xbmp as a plugin addon for ripping / playing or recording

IDE - I am pretty sure you know why, external devices like CDRW/DVD for playing whatever in linux or through the xbox...

A plug in for your dvd remote on the expansion slot or inside the xbox you can wire to the controller ports with a external IR to recieve the dVD signal... maybe pointless but it would help..

Advanced stealth technolagy for use for use with possible XBOX Live games, NO NOT FOR PLAYING BACKUPS ONLINE Uber you probably know how to deal with somthing like this, Im saying for isntance if a game automatically boots up and knows you are using a modchip it will do somthing to your xbox or somthing but make it like it dont damage live, we hate cheaters  grr.gif

Also E and P abilities like chameleon and xbit for power select manually with either switchs or the E and P points for on and off...

Also features within the bios for options like, hold down L R and Back and STart and holding A or the black button that will turn xbox off and turn modchip off

Hopefully i can think of some more  wink.gif

EDIT:

Mod should have different installation methods...

Quick Solder...
Pogo Pins...
Wires...

Ya know those l337 blue led's should be on the expansion aswell smile.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3dev.htm

here's a pic of the development kit we designed for all our debugging / software development
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11