xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread  (Read 744 times)

moistness

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

wink.gif ) just to show apreciation
for a team that is always there to lend a helping hand!  beerchug.gif

dms should take notice!!!

oh and i dont think that team xecutor will be leaving just because of a few lamer flamers, from what ubergeek said earlier in this thread he quite enjoys throwing the bs back in their faces!!

Pobbe

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ubergeek @ Oct 20 2003, 03:53 PM)
http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3dev.htm

here's a pic of the development kit we designed for all our debugging / software development

Male Pinheaders on the pcb, assuming you will change this before release? Looks nice otherwise, nice picture for some feature speculation smile.gif

Potato Bob

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

smile.gif

Potato Bob

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

smile.gif ) I just wanted to see how they worked and they were asses and scrotums
but the lpc pins were petty good except for the d0
so i just desoldered the do pins and soldered the thing with wires to the chip and the d0
well that works pretty well for a one wire solder, but 2 soldering points so that is how i suggest we do

feedbacks ppl

ok next on the exspansion slot could do tremndous stuff
i guess
if you could make a board with a chip that could store a special made bios that boots the chip into the flashing dealy but doesnt flash itself ( i would like that , its just like that tut about the boot from another chip and flash)

or we could have some .xbe on the chip via embedded bios (probblably exspensive) sad.gif

as for usb flashing
i dont really care if we used phone wires just as long as it works

and the lights on the chip
how about more LOL

other than
the ease of flashing and installing that is mostly what i want

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »

Well, long, long ago, a "hacker" was attempting to hook a ISA bus to the LPC points. Apparently, it's possible... I swear I saw some pics. Maybe I'm wrong. If it is possible, you think you could attempt to add a rudementary ISA (or, I daresay, a PCI) bus? Then projects like Dreamix could be more feasable....
Maybe some type of on-board RAM or whatnot could be added, for VM paging. I'm pretty sure it couldn't be used as 'system' RAM, as I'm assuming that those chips are initialized before the LPC bus is (to check, unsolder one of the RAM's legs... it will not boot, regardless of what mod is installed). Still, if the homebrew programs are coded to use it, it could help in developing VM paging much, much faster (as apposed to a software-only approach).

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Large Dopant white @ Oct 20 2003, 10:22 PM)
Well, long, long ago, a "hacker" was attempting to hook a ISA bus to the LPC points. Apparently, it's possible... I swear I saw some pics. Maybe I'm wrong. If it is possible, you think you could attempt to add a rudementary ISA (or, I daresay, a PCI) bus? Then projects like Dreamix could be more feasable....
Maybe some type of on-board RAM or whatnot could be added, for VM paging. I'm pretty sure it couldn't be used as 'system' RAM, as I'm assuming that those chips are initialized before the LPC bus is (to check, unsolder one of the RAM's legs... it will not boot, regardless of what mod is installed). Still, if the homebrew programs are coded to use it, it could help in developing VM paging much, much faster (as apposed to a software-only approach).

Yes you can clearly say, PCI... it CAN support it...  wink.gif and alot of other sweet shit

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (XB0X_Mod @ Oct 20 2003, 10:24 PM)
Yes you can clearly say, PCI... it CAN support it...  wink.gif and alot of other sweet shit

Sweeeet. smile.gif Is there any pics of it, in which I can salviate over? biggrin.gif

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

They haven't told to much about it...

Jet Black

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

laugh.gif

So if this is such common knowledge among the pros why isn't this part of some "review" or something.  Xbox-scene.com is only asking for trouble by not steering people away from this can of worms.  I don't mean to bad mouth team executor (I mean, look at me, I have the 2.2. lite [plus] installed and running in my xbox, so I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot) I like the guys and I'm dealing with the chip.

But is is possible to "review" chips? Editorials? Or, are folks too scared to give negative comments about Xecuter's products?  Seems the only "real" info about the chip is here AT the forums.  In fact, I'd like to hear about the X3 chip's stability under random tests, and installation and flashing upgrades.  And I don't mean just a stat based press release.  But something that consumers will appreciate - on all levels.

Damn, I wish I held out for the X3.  Well...maybe in the future when my "lite [plus]" dies on me. tongue.gif

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]